• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Valley of Fire, Las Vegas Final

Naomi Olson

Here are the last few shots I picked to post...again cell phone shots with very little editing done. If you haven't been to the Valley of Fire outside Vegas I would highly recommend. We did not get a chance to actually hike the ravine due to heat but it is now on my bucket list to do next time I am there during cooler weather.

Valley of Fire9 RS.jpg

Valley of Fire6 RS.jpg

Valley of Fire10 RS.jpg

Valley of Fire3 RS.jpg

Valley of Fire  RS.jpg

Valley of Fire2 RS .jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Naomi,

Great range of Mountains.

Your camera seems to do the “hike” for you very well!

Is it the 7DII and with what lens?

If you slightly swing your camera to take overlapping shots, you can easily stitch them into a detailed panorama!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Naomi,

I couldn’t resist!

Here’s a wonderful pano I made from your picture by cropping.

BDFE59DB-A0FB-4185-9954-1F566EC9945C.jpeg

That’s an impressive composition as it places the towering rocks over the three isolated buildings in the valley. Those billowing clouds passing by make the scene!

Asher

Naomi Olson

Naomi,

Great range of Mountains.

Your camera seems to do the “hike” for you very well!

Is it the 7DII and with what lens?

If you slightly swing your camera to take overlapping shots, you can easily stitch them into a detailed panorama!

Asher

Actually these were taken with my cell phone (Samsung S22)

Asher Kelman

Naomi,

You have a great eye! The main thing to do is keep snapping and overlap pictures by 30% so they can be auto stitched to make panoramas.

At home is when your composition can be begun, steady and slow, an seated in a chair in front of your monitor.

As long as you have that eye to recognize sights worth preserving, you can do amazing photography with the simple adds of cameras!

Asher