• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Viewpoint Gallery, Sacramento. Photographic Art Auction

JimCollum

pro member
Viewpoint Photographic Art Center is a nonprofit organization located in Sacramento, Ca.

The gallery's role is to promote the art of photography through:

Exhibits of original photography by contemporary and historic photographers.
Lectures, discussion, workshops, field trips, and educational programs.
Events to foster public awareness and appreciation of photographic art.
Collection, preservation, and publication.

It has actively been supported by some of the finest photographers through donations of their work and time.

They're currently having an auction to support the moving to a new facility. Most of the work in the auction is world class photography. The list of prints up for auction is at http://www.viewpointgallery.org/content/auction/index.php. You'll find work by Roman Loranc, Charles Cramer, Jock Sturges, John Wimberly, Ryuijie, Mark Citret, Dan Burkholder, Jeffrey Becom to name a few.

If you happen to be in the Sacramento area, you owe it to yourself to visit the gallery to see the display of this work.. even if you don't plan on buying.

(in addition to this auction, they offer regular exhibitions of some of the leading photographer's work.. as well as offering some excellent workshops.

jim

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the information. I looked at the website and registered to then be feted to a most wonderful variety of fine photography. I hope everyone looks and why not select a picture you like and link to it so we can see your choice!

This is a very good cause and if you go on to buy a picture, you will have something to treasure and also help a lot of others to be inspired by creative work.

Asher

BTW, see it you can find any platinum and or pigment work by an OPF photographer? I did!

JimCollum

pro member
I've always loved John Wimberley's Descending Angel

2008-124.jpg

found at Auction