• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Water hydrant

Antonio Correia

2021-02-23%4011.14.28-Edit-X4.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This is such an unusual photograph, Antonio.

Three references to water: the lush green healthy grass, the leaves loaded with water drops and then the bold red fire hydrant.

92FAD9D0-B5C9-45CF-ABF9-1A9FBC404725.jpeg

Cut out for detail viewing, not any edit!
In this unaltered cutout, one can see such interesting detail in the curves of the plants and the variety of weeds amongst the overgrown grass.

I have never seen such a picture before. The closes has been two different artists:

One made a giant painting of a green ficus garden-hedge.

The other an equal-sized, (but totally unrelated artist’s), plexiglass framed photograph of the same kind of subject, ( a focus hedge), but in each case, there was just one surface and just one plant!

I have seen and made many pictures of fires hydrants. But this is the one that seems I have waited for as it’s so engaging, just like the two simpler pictures with thousands of ficus leaves that were so impressive for me.

So, what makes these simple leaf-packed green pictures so extraordinary and worth attention? After all, these are rare. Why do they work?

Asher

Antonio Correia

I can't answer your question Asher, sorry...
I just liked the contrast between the red and the green. Also, it is rather strange that a fire-hydrant is placed in the fields but for that question, I have an explanation.
The fire hydrant is serving a farm owned by the municipality ;) The farm has an old convent which has been renovated but rare people can go in.
I have cropped in 3/4 format and made minor retouch in certain areas where the leaves were kind of distracting.
BTW: I love this dam lens !

i-hvC8KXz-X4.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
“THE ARTIIST’S UNIVERSE”

The milieu with its own laws, culture and history in which a particular artist intends the work to live and breathe

3D30F1AD-2F1C-4C0B-BB3B-DFF16B284AB7.jpeg

I can't answer your question Asher, sorry...
I just liked the contrast between the red and the green. Also, it is rather strange that a fire-hydrant is placed in the fields but for that question, I have an explanation.
The fire hydrant is serving a farm owned by the municipality ;) The farm has an old convent which has been renovated but rare people can go in.
I have cropped in 3/4 format and made minor retouch in certain areas where the leaves were kind of distracting.
BTW: I love this dam lens !

This is fabulous and quite significant. I will never forget it it.

Also, the convent I will have in my mind too.

Of course the picture is already impressive by itself.

But the “Title and Introductions in art” in
you presentation“ here, really helps frame the work!

Thank you so very much!

That you provided the details of what surrounds it, gives us “The Artist’s Universe” in which that work becomes most alive. Think of Gaudi, Picasso, Christo, Magritte, Giacometti, Edward Weston and so many more.

Asher