• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Westcott Photo Contest

John Williamson

In case anybody here hasn't heard, Westcott has just announced a photo contest where they will be endorsing 100 photographers in the United States. It’s called their 100 Top Endorsed Pros. The winners’ images may be used in national publications and each Pro will have their own page on the Westcott website. They just posted it here, www.fjwestcott.com take a look! This is an awesome opportunity for national exposure!

Charles Lupica

This is open to pros worldwide but I see very little in the way of "prize". Getting a page on someone's website is not exactly my idea of winning something. Maybe it's my ignorance, should I know who Westcott is?. I mean if they are some famous gallery who finds new talent, that's different.

They say that the photos can be used in ad campaignes and magzines but they don't mention anything about getting paid for this exposure. It looks to me like you're going to give them your images in exchange for using their logo on your website.