• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Warning: and are NSFW. Threads may start of as text only but then pictures could be added as part of a discussion or to make some point. This is not for family viewing without a parent's consent and supervision. If you are under age 18, please do not use this section
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

What do the collective works of a photographer

Doug Kerr

Hi, Tom,

I'm back on board, Fahim. I thought I'd lost you for a moment.
You'll need more than a red pencil to get through this hide.

So that's what it's all about. You think I'm too well educated and I look down on you as a sand groping saddle wearing desert dweller.
Well, you might be right. But it matters not. I only gleaned that from you writing and photos and we know that will tell me little.

I'm really starting to get scared. I keep having the feeling that five years ago I could have followed this line of discourse.

Best regards,

Doug

Tom dinning

Registrant*
No worries, Doug. You're safe.
Five years ago I could have followed it myself. Now I just do it for spite.
I'm in touch with all my emotions and deny none of them the opportunity to display themselves when I have the urge.
I'm really just a pussy cat at heart; albeit a black one.
I think of Fahim as a chess opponent. He is wonderfully skilled in many ways and has a firm grasp of the rules of conflict. His moves are a little obvious and clumsy at times but he never gives up. I like that in an opponent.
We all know that chess, war and the pursuit of happiness isn't all about the moves. Its the innuendo, the strategy, the language of language, the poise, the ambition and above all its about winning. One of us must win. He knows that and so do I. He may feign a lack of interest or suggest a manner of caring less than casual, but we both know there is no giving in. This is gladiator territory. Drawing the red pencil is like a drop of the white glove.
How I enjoy the conflict. And I never underestimate my foe. There is strength in deception.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Tom,

No worries, Doug. You're safe.
Five years ago I could have followed it myself. Now I just do it for spite.
I'm in touch with all my emotions and deny none of them the opportunity to display themselves when I have the urge.
I'm really just a pussy cat at heart; albeit a black one.
I think of Fahim as a chess opponent. He is wonderfully skilled in many ways and has a firm grasp of the rules of conflict. His moves are a little obvious and clumsy at times but he never gives up. I like that in an opponent.
We all know that chess, war and the pursuit of happiness isn't all about the moves. Its the innuendo, the strategy, the language of language, the poise, the ambition and above all its about winning. One of us must win. He knows that and so do I. He may feign a lack of interest or suggest a manner of caring less than casual, but we both know there is no giving in. This is gladiator territory. Drawing the red pencil is like a drop of the white glove.
How I enjoy the conflict. And I never underestimate my foe. There is strength in deception.

Indeed.

Best regards, my friend,

Doug

fahim mohammed

Asher you could very well be right.

But you could be in error too.

Or maybe more of one and less of the other.

It is all for good fun.

Best.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Asher you could very well be right.

But you could be in error too.

Or maybe more of one and less of the other.

It is all for good fun.

Best.

In all good fun, but I was being deadly serious! We are crippled by so many primitive learning methods that bypass reason. So it's not at all obvious to me that the obvious is recognized. That's how crippled we are. The obvious has to carry some weight of fashion or social standing to be accepted as fact!

Thus few tears are shed for bombed Kurds or Non Shia Syrians. It known but sad for them, not as yet at all fashionable to be offended or hold demonstrations!

Asher

fahim mohammed

' it is all FOR good fun '. Not ' in all good fun '.

You have no idea what we are doing for the Sunnis. I do appreciate that your views must, at least to some extent, be Influenced by the Beverley Hills standpoint...just as mine from a desert dweller's sand sprayed eyes.

It might not be obvious to you that the obvious is recognized. But it might be to others...not perfectly obvious, but with a high probability of being near the mark.

Your opinions, in reference to this thread and post, are just that..your opinions. As valid or invalid as those held by others. Including me.

Best.

In all good fun, but I was being deadly serious! We are crippled by so many primitive learning methods that bypass reason. So it's not at all obvious to me that the obvious is recognized. That's how crippled we are. The obvious has to carry some weight of fashion or social standing to be accepted as fact!

Thus few tears are shed for bombed Kurds or Non Shia Syrians. It known but sad for them, not as yet at all fashionable to be offended or hold demonstrations!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

. . .We are crippled by so many primitive learning methods that bypass reason.

Basically, ignorance comes from the lack of learning and understanding

But from time to time there are forces that have learned how to teach ignorance.

We are now in such an age. A political party that, years ago, was marked by its adherents typically being well-educated, has in modern times learned that nevertheless it can succeed only my marshaling the ignorant. But there aren't enough of them naturally to meet that need, so more have to be created. And effective, if clumsy, schemes for doing that have been developed.

Best regards,

Doug