• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

What's with the name?

When a company wants to buy your print (just a print, they have it framed, matted, etc.), how do you ensure your name is there, so the visitors would know it's YOU?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
First, Nikolai one signs the back of the print and the lower right hand edge below the print on the margin, if it is white and flat or on the mat. Some people include their signature in PS as part of the design or in small letters vertically on one side.

Each image has different demands.

Good luck on your expansion of sales!

Asher

Don Lashier

I sign below the bottom right of the image - this gives the option of either exposing or covering the sig with the mat. Some people sign right on the image using a silver or gold sharpie.

- DL

Colin Jago

Well, I could sign a print all I liked, but nobody would know it was me. Firstly my signature is illegible and secondly even if decoded it is hardly a set of contact details. Was this what Nikolai was asking?

<unsigned, but contact details below>

Steve Fines

My signature is illegible, so I've adopted a "legible" signature that I put on all my prints, in archival (not Sharpie) marker in the lower right hand corner of the print where it cannot be covered by typical framing / matting. Although not a url, it someone wanted to find me they could google the name and find me.

I also have a deal with a local frame shop. When I sell a print I strongly recommend this shop. If someone brings the print there they get 5% off and the print shop will mount one of my cards (as well as theirs) on the back of the framed print.

Oh yeah - Nik - I really wanted to use dGrin's print fulfillment for my prints but there is no way to get the print shipped to me first to sign it.