• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Who is doing any regular type work during this pandemic?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I work mostly from home. My garage is for hammering, cutting and plastering things. My dining room table is for photographing objects to make 3D models.

My upstairs photographic studio has no models as my family rebelled in unison. But who ever caught anything from a beautiful model at 10 ft distance?

I miss so much my assistant for mixing and pouring resins and silicon!

But surprisingly, I am getting work done! I even received one check! Fortunately, my larger sculpture is considered “essential infrastructure”, so that can continue! The worse thing is that I can’t hug my grandkids!

So how are you guys and ladies managing?

Asher

Doug Kerr

Well, since retiring from my consulting practice some years ago, my "work" has largely consisted of research on various technical topics, such as historical telephone switching systems, operation of optical instruments, locomtive valve gear systems, and the like; working to sort out gaffes in various music notation softwre packages; doing "back office" work for Carla's books and various of her other activities; sorting out misdirected pescriptions, and the like.

And these mostly continue with little change.

We are very fortunate that this great medico-societal disruption has so far had relatively little impact on our own lives. The county Democratic Party and several of Carla's committees now meet via Zoom, but that is working out well.

Carla and I were tested last week for COVID-19 infection (testing is readily available in New Mexico) and both our tests returned "none detected".

We yet have no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in our city. But the state's case count continues to rise, essentially unabated. Sadly, much of that is in our state's portion of The Navajo Nation and adjacent counties.

The governor's general "stay at home" order remains in effect, and most businesses remain closed. There has been one small rally near us (this is the Red portion of the state) agitating for more businesses to be allowed to open.

Carla had to actually enter a supermarket today, and she prepared properly:

M01430-01-s800.jpg

Stay safe, all of you.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

Doug,

I agree with your sentiments. Marine, Nicolas’ colleague, partner and companion...

Yes, and wife, is as amazing, but alas, no famous red hat society ranking!

Asher

Asher Kelman

I am working still by making wooden carved models of my sculptures and then either opening the garage door for the welder to take or else photographing scores of pictures to build a 3D model and then emailing that to my engineer for calculations!

Just made major changes to my “Cathedrals of the Mind”. I realized I could have a waterfall from the back half of the central structure

...and changed the design for the entire building to rotate! The welder came to collect the model!
Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Housework, shopping, reading, answering questions from Christine, cooking, exercising; nothing different really.
It’s all work for me. Unpaid, of course, except for the occasional, ‘what’s for dinner?’ or. ‘You missed the corners’ from Christine, who will be lasciviously spread on the couch catching up with her never ending list of friends and relatives.

Doug, I too and grateful to have Christine by my side every minute of the day giving me directions. I can only imaging how I would be if she were not around. Oh, how I imagine!