• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Who uses a “Bridge” Camera like the Canon SX70, Sony R10M III/IV or Equivalent Panosonic?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I am so impressed with Tony Britton’s wildlife pictures with the Canon SX70.

Especially his crafted bird portraits!

It amazes me that it has such a long reach and with IS, the hard to hold tele images are stabilized!

Can you share your own experience and ability to track wildlife especially BIF?

How large Have you been able to print and to what extent does it fall short?

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
A useful software to unlock hidden and disabled capabilities of various Canon Cameras is especially applicable to Canon Bridge cameras such as the SX70, immediately providing users the option of RAW output and more!

The “firmware” is held on the CF or SD card.

Often, sister models of Canon cameras use chips identical with premier or pro models, but with various capabilities enabled or switched off. “Magic Lantern” software disables all that and figures out new options people have conjured up!

Asher