• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Wista Technical Rail

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Will,

A good find, perhaps for product.

For me, at least, I'd want to have the rear standard rise fall and shift so as to be able to get more sampling of a MF large image field.

I would look for something that has an Arca Swiss like capability.

I think that there must be a payback for the weight and pain. I don't see it.

However, that is because I'm not into whatever that is best for, perhaps.

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
ThomasK said:
www.wista.co.jp - 168.000 Yen / 1470 US$ for the 35mm camera kit in Japan.
You can translate the japanese page with Google language tools into english.

Again I ask what is the place of this camera? Where is it used and against what does it compete?

Asher

Thomas Krueger

I thought about mounting my Canon 5D for architectural pictures and to use also the Scheimpflug principle with a DSLR (after selling my large format studio camera).

I don't think any of this would work with architectural photography. The problem is that wide angle lens has to be close to the film plane -- or to the sensor -- and a reflex has the mirror mechanism that gets in the way.

So you can only use long lenses that have limited use in architectural field, even less for interiors.

I don't see why bring the view camera when you can just use a PC lens?

The best solution is to use a one shot or scanning back on a view camera or a PC lens.

This things are good on photos for people who have never used a view camera in real time.

They are also not elegant looking... sorry