• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Woodie Hen in Tree

Don Ferguson Jr.

I love seeing Wood Ducks perching in trees.
Don

Robert Watcher

Very unusual to see that right? So not normal of duck pictures. I really like it.

———-

EDIT - I considered that you may be pulling our leg with a photoshop‘d composite. Wikipedia to the rescue. I did not know this:

The wood duck

The wood duck is the only North American member of the "perching duck" tribe, although some authorities now include the species with dabbling ducks. Like other members of the perching group, wood ducks have long toes with claws, which gives them the ability to perch in trees.

Last edited:

Don Ferguson Jr.

Very unusual to see that right? So not normal of duck pictures. I really like it.

———-

EDIT - I considered that you may be pulling our leg with a photoshop‘d composite. Wikipedia to the rescue. I did not know this:
Thanks, Robert they are cool, beautiful ducks. I have seen them some in trees but most of the views are real far off since they are so damn skittish. Here is the Drake last spring far away cropped to show you they get pretty high in trees. The one of the pair together here is closer to the water.
Don

Last edited: