• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Yay for more work :]

Kaila Maree

I was going through a couple of my pictures and found a nice one I did way back during the summer time!

kk8.jpg

I really like it :]

heres another one! One of my firsts acutally!

IMG_0427.jpg

annd this one is sorta recent?

l_6c1dd1174fed9c43c469e6d21a570324.jpg

enjoy :D

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Kaila,

I do like your hidden one half of each face. The first picture with the yellow flower is pleasant to look at. These three pictures go together well. I look forward to seeing much more of your work so I can get a fix on where your are at!

Asher

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
nice

I like the partial face pose too. My favorite is the 2nd one. The first one looks a bit out of focus and the 3rd is a bit grainy for my taste. Thanks for sharing.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Kathy,

Let's address "focus" and "grainy" :)

For delivering formal pictures or to emulate and extend the work of great work like that of Ansel Adams, then for sure, these technical aspects or so important, the sine qua non of decent presentation.

Here however, these very same parameters are not important as is whether or not it is projected on the the wall, printed on the side of a truck, rendered in pigment ink or as a C Print. Why the difference and permissiveness?

The answer is related to individual expression and truth as the artist sees it. When, as I imagine the case is here, we are presented with an image clearly signaled as part of or representing fantasy, then the art is what the artist presents.

I'm in synch with your approach to stating your preferences. It's taste that you have issue with. I personally have no big issue with the limited DOF in the first image; the girlis in focus, just not the grass in the very front.

Asher

I must admit, I would have cheated and replaced the OOF grass!