• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

yellow rose

a couple of yellow roses from a botanical garden near my home. it was a fairly bright day, but the sun ducked behind a thin cloud, and for a moment the light was soft and diffused, perfect for a light colored, delicate bloom like this... 30D, Tamron 24-135 lens at 135mm, 1/160 @ f11...

IMG_5466sm.jpg

Ivan Garcia

Hi Winston.
Beautiful roses.
Well executed and framed, rich in colour and detail; this image works for me, although I would have cloned out the petals in the bottom right corner, it is not distracting , so this is just minor technicalities, more a matter of taste than anything else.
Very well done. Keep up the good work.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
A lovely rose! I'm on a yellow spree right now, so this comes at the right time!

I agree with the suggestion about the extra petal in the lower left corner.

This might look especially good processed as a platinum print as the tonality id probably georgeous.

Asher

On second thoughts, the extra petal is fine, if anything it could have a tad bit more black space on the top! It's really a beautiful set of roses!