• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Challenge for Pictures in a Series: Motif or Concept Amazing Sunsets, striking colors of nature!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Can you find that sunset that was so impressive and awesome!

Do you have a picture that is more than a memento of a wonderful time with those you love?

Please share your fabulous sunsets here!

Asher

Doug Kerr

This shot seems to need a three-layer introduction.

About Larry

As many of you know, Carla's youngest son, Larry, his wife, Nona, and their wonderful puppy, Foxy, came to live with us late in 2022. They have been a wonderful addition to the household in so many ways.

Larry retired from the US Army a few years ago after 26 years of service, the last 23 years of it with various army post bands, playing trombone and guitar and singing with the bands' vocal ensembles.

He has had a lot of photographic experience, but in recent times, out of convenience, he has mostly been shooting with his Android smartphone.

The camera

One of my favorite cameras is our Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX1000. This is a non-interchangeable zoom lens EVF camera with a so-called "one inch" sensor and a wonderful user interface. But I use it rarely anymore, as it is too bulky and heavy for an old geezer like me to handle. Instead, I often use my Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS100, which has the identical sensor and processor but a more modest lens, in an enormously smaller and lighter package.

So recently I suggested that Larry take up the FX1000, which he did in great style.

Our sunsets

Here in Alamogordo, New Mexico, we regularly have beautiful sunsets. But when we have clouds (not too often, actually) they become especially rich. Today the sky was clear most of the day, but in late afternoon a layer of clouds moved in.

In any case, this is one of Larry's shots from late this afternoon.

Q12150-01-s800.jpg

Lawrence R. Henry, Alamogordo Sunset 101
This is ex camera other than for downsizing and some adjustments my processing software volunteers in that connection.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
We take myriads of pictures of sunsets.

Our first picture by Larry, is an example of the image magnetism we seek!

Thanks Doug for bringing Larry’s work to us!

Asher