• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Cuarto Menguante

Leonardo Boher

pro member
I think the title in English would be "Fourth Declined", meaning the moon phases. I took this shot by using scattered horizontal sunlight from my backyard (available in amazon.com) and the post process just involves evening the annoying digital artifacts and some tweaks in Lightroom.
I feel very proud with the result, so I want to share it with you.
Model is my lovely gf :)

Keep in mind this shot is part of a research I'm doing in order to discover/getting help the way to mimic sunlight with flashes, so please, visit this thread: http://www.openphotographyforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9558

Enjoy!

Desnudo-9287_web.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Lovely! (to say the least…)
good light, good composition, good model (did you use Benjamin Kanarek suggestions for new models:?
One thing disturbs me a little is the back ground, seems to be artificially blurred… am I wrong?

Leonardo Boher

pro member
good light, good composition, good model (did you use Benjamin Kanarek suggestions for new models:?
One thing disturbs me a little is the back ground, seems to be artificially blurred… am I wrong?

Hi Nicolas,

Well... I certainly don't know who's Benjamin Kanarek, I'm googling it. Internet has that magic thing to turn ignorants like me into smarty pants instantly! lol!
Mmmhhh... lot of results... Would you mind to send me a link about those suggestions?

About the background, it wasn't blurred artificially, I think I took the pic in f/2, but not more than that. I did few photos that session using the same f.

Glad you like the pic. Will talk to Asher about the image, because Photobucket had remove it! Those guys are getting quite fast lately!

Thanks,

Leo :)

Doug Earle

since Photobucket removed it try uploading to Flickr.com

I've got several portfolios of nudes on there and no problems.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Leonardo
here's the link I referred to about Benjamin Kanarek, an OPF member for quite long now and fashion photographer (Canadian leaving in Paris):
http://www.openphotographyforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9565
But I do think that your g/f is very well directed for your portraits…

If you don't want to have 'censure" on your photos you better hire you're own web server, they don't cost that much (some €/$ per month) and you're free to host all images you wish, you don't even need to have a website, you may just uploa your pics there to post them elsewhere.
You'll have to face the forums rules, though ;-)

As for the bg of picture it may be my laptop screen and/or the jpg compression…

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Well, Leonardo,

We are back in business! You picture is now loading.

I will try to address this issue.

Asher

Leonardo Boher

pro member

I had googled that guy, found good pics, but I can't relate him with my pics. Would you mind explaning it a bit?

Thanks,

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I had googled that guy, found good pics, but I can't relate him with my pics. Would you mind explaning it a bit?

Thanks,

Leonardo,

There's no connection! You both have different paths and esthetic approaches. You are mostly interested in the mood you get in B&W. Ben, to my point of view is good at ad hoc disconcerting experiments to make commercial pictures seem at the edge of what's possible.

Asher

Leonardo Boher

pro member
Lol!
of course no connection between your works!
It was just a clin d'œil related to that thread: http://www.openphotographyforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9565

Sometimes, even English people do not understand my sense of humour… ;-)

HAha... I use to do that sometimes... Asking the model to close the eyes, or taking a breath and get relaxed and then shoot in that precisely momment where the experssion is fresh. It was somehting I imagined it will work and it does morst of the time... Funny. By the way, I understood the joke, I think. But reading words on the screen usually don't describes indirect messages. But I got your "by contrast" joke, hehe...