• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Flash guns and remote triggers

snaps042

Hello,

For a few years, I've been using a pair of Neewer flashguns and Neewer remote triggers.

Neewer flash guns are limited to a shutter speed of 1/200, but now I'm ready to step up to something more pro.

Can anyone suggest a Godox flash gun and Godox remote trigger (to fire 2 flash guns) that won't ruin the bank account?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.

snaps

Will Thompson

Well Known Member
Greetings Stuart, and welcome to OPF!

What is your budget?

By flash gun do you mean a speedlight or a monolight?

What would you’re main usage and subject be.

The latest Godox strobes and triggers should serve you well but I need my previous questions answered so I can give you more precise recommendations.

Last edited:

snaps042

Hello Will,

Thank you for asking: I mean speedlite.

I would prefer something battery-powered, but understand if it can't be.

The main subject(s) would be full body/headshots.

Budget: up to (but no more than) GB£800/US$1000 - but let's start with the cheapest and work our way up.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

Will Thompson

Well Known Member
I would recommend the Flashpoint R2 XPro II 2.4GHz TTL Wireless Flash Trigger for Canon Cameras for the trigger or the Godox branded XPRO II.

1711446799329.jpeg

Last edited:

snaps042

Thank you @Will Thompson ,

Just rewinding a bit, would the 'Godox AD200Pro AD200 Pro TTL Strobe Flash 200W 2.4G HSS 1/8000s Dual Head Flash' work with the wireless trigger?

Thanks again, this is really helpful!

Will Thompson

Well Known Member
Buy local and test the features you need to confirm that they work with your specific camera so you can return if they don’t work!