• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Me

Chris Calohan

Will retire from teaching high school students the fine art of film and alternative photography in 26 days (Oh God, please let this time pass quickly). I just started teaching digital in the last year or so, and only then a foot and a half ahead of my students...little buggers learn quickly.

I shoot a Nikon D7000 with a 24-70 2.8, 35mm 1.8, 50mm 1.8, 55-300 3.5/4.5 and a Tokina 100mm Macro/Telephoto Looking to purchase the 70-200 2.8 this year with some of retirement bonus money.

In Alternative Processes, I lean toward Salt, Albumen and Platinum/Palladium, but also love to futz about in Gum Bichromate. I use digital negatives as well as those from 4x5 pinholes.

I live in the southeastern part of the US but when I retire, it's a good likelihood that if you want to find me, it will always be someplace it's not cold. Six 16 GB, four 32Gb and a herd of 8GB cards will buy you a lot of shooting time...whoohoo.

Glad to be a part of someone else's insanity.

John Wolf

Hi Chris. Welcome and congrats on your retirement. Sounds like you'll have plenty with which to occupy yourself. Look forward to seeing your work.

John

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Will retire from teaching high school students the fine art of film and alternative photography in 26 days (Oh God, please let this time pass quickly). I just started teaching digital in the last year or so, and only then a foot and a half ahead of my students...little buggers learn quickly.

Chris,

Well, here's to the start of a new career, teaching us! We love to learn new ideas. Yes it's amazing how kinds take everything digital in their stride. What did they think of film? I imagine at least a few of your students got converted to analog work?

I shoot a Nikon D7000 with a 24-70 2.8, 35mm 1.8, 50mm 1.8, 55-300 3.5/4.5 and a Tokina 100mm Macro/Telephoto Looking to purchase the 70-200 2.8 this year with some of retirement bonus money.

I never thought that a 5DII would be so easily bested by Nikon's D7000 in dynamic range and focus, but not only did they do it but now have repeated the feat packing the pixels in the D8000. You certainly have na impressive array of lenses.

I too like LF but need to be doing more.

In Alternative Processes, I lean toward Salt, Albumen and Platinum/Palladium, but also love to futz about in Gum Bichromate. I use digital negatives as well as those from 4x5 pinholes.

Albumen and platinum really interest me. Hopefully you'll share these too!

I live in the southeastern part of the US but when I retire, it's a good likelihood that if you want to find me, it will always be someplace it's not cold. Six 16 GB, four 32Gb and a herd of 8GB cards will buy you a lot of shooting time...whoohoo.

Doug Kerr is in S. western USA, New Mexico! You should talk to him about his choice of a new town for retirement, dunes, mountains and a beautiful mayor!

Asher