• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Meadow

Leonardo Boher

pro member
Picture taken using available light. It was an spontaneous shot (most of my shots are that way).

Nude-2131.png

Enjoy! :)

Found it at last! Asher :)

Nude-2131.png

One small PNG for Leonardo, one great micro-defeat for censorship, LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Leo,

For now, I like and enjoy this photograph and the decisions you have made in its presentation. Still, could you let us in to the shooting details, the reasons you hid the breast and muted the highlights on her abdomen. I think I know, but I want to hear you own thoughts and intentions on this work.

Asher

Leonardo Boher

pro member
Leo,

For now, I like and enjoy this photograph and the decisions you have made in its presentation. Still, could you let us in to the shooting details, the reasons you hid the breast and muted the highlights on her abdomen. I think I know, but I want to hear you own thoughts and intentions on this work.

Asher

Yeah! Let see... The technical details are:

* Camera: Nikon D700
* Prime Lens: 50mm f/1.4.

* f/1.4
* Shutter Speed: around 1/200.
* ISO 400.

Light coming from 3 very small windows I have around 20cm width and 1.5 meters height. Sun light, of course, coming from her left.

The subject (my girlfriend) is sat on my PC Chair, at her back is my PC, out of the frame. The blurred white thing in the background is an Epson Photo R200 (such a bad printer) over a chair with some magazines over the printer.

Well, she was walking around our flat, in "idle mode", you know, walking and then she sat in my chair, I saw the momment, grabbed my camera, did a correct expossure to her belly, close to her underwear (also focused there), aiming and shoting!

I liked how it turned out, a bit underxposed.

Then I edited it in Lightroom by adding a subtle sepia tone and a vignette. Some contrast as well. I covered part of the boobs because they were a bit distracting.

Now why this angle or point of view? Well, I like the belly. It's very feminine, not so wow like the iliac bone, but it's pretty adorable, same the underwear. I like it (but only in duotone, the real color of the ornaments is cyan, and I hate cyan, also magenta and any saturated color, but cyan green and magenta, specially magenta is eeeeeek! puke! I love yellows, oranges and reds, but subtle, in most of the cases).

I like this way, there are not reasons more than "I like this light, I grab it". Yeah, quite naïve. However, I like how the body reflects the light, so I try to find an angle that enhances it. However, this image has no shining spots.

A thing I usually keep in mind when shoting (or after shoting) to the human body is to get a huge amount of values of pixels/luminances in the dark area of the histogram without posterizing the dark tones, and a sweet concave curve that ends before the mid tones, after that, a very thin line that reach the highlights.

But this time I wanted more info moved to the dark areas and almost nothing in the highlights. I like how it feels but I cannot say how it feels... I just love it. It's ethereal and sweet!

Here is the histogram:

histogramaMeadow.png

Well, I'm going to bed. I'm falling asleep.

Leo :)

Leonardo Boher

pro member
Interesting title,..I'm reminded of a movie title..'At play in the fields of the lord'.

Lovely shot!

Thank you ^^ Meadows are amazing places! But in Argentina, meadows doesn't exists. There are no green hills like those in the English films with picnic, you know, victorian stuff that I love... Well...

Asher Kelman

Yeah! Let see... The technical details are:

* Camera: Nikon D700
* Prime Lens: 50mm f/1.4.

* f/1.4
* Shutter Speed: around 1/200.
* ISO 400.

Light coming from 3 very small windows I have around 20cm width and 1.5 meters height. Sun light, of course, coming from her left.

The subject (my girlfriend) is sat on my PC Chair, at her back is my PC, out of the frame. The blurred white thing in the background is an Epson Photo R200 (such a bad printer) over a chair with some magazines over the printer.

Well, she was walking around our flat, in "idle mode", you know, walking and then she sat in my chair, I saw the momment, grabbed my camera, did a correct expossure to her belly, close to her underwear (also focused there), aiming and shooting!
Leonardo, I do not own a Nikon now! However, I think this D700 is probably the best camera to get for serious work. It's not so heavy in weight or cost! I like that focal length. I too almost exclusively use the 50mm focal length for ad hoc portraits in natural light.

The decision to go darker and not focus on the breast is a good one! I'm not "anti-breast" images. Far from it. I just have an antipathy for breast obsession that is damaging to the self image of young women.

Aside:It's regrettable the millions of breast implants done especially in the summer before college when most of the worlds silicon for breast implants goes to Rio! There's a huge diversion of energy and reason in this obsession with valuing women on their breast size! It's just a visual cue we have evolved by selection to make up for the loss of the sight of the "presented" buttock mounds" in apes in heat as we have evolved to be bipedal and therefore the human female was selected by eye deprived pre-programed males to get more chances of mating if they had larger breasts. Even smaller breasts are large in proportion to the breasts of any other primate, LOL!

Putting the breast in the shadow brings us to recognize and appreciate the utter beauty of other parts of the form and you have executed this so well. Kudos. Even though you have really pulled in the highlights and really omitted the higher levels, it does not short change us. We do not need to see more, we just need to see enough and that you have measured well.

The hardest part of photography for people to learn is that its a matter of ranking things. you have done this well, kudos!

Asher

P.S. If your girlfriend is someone you enjoy meeting when you wake up, marry her! She's a perfect muse!

Doug Earle

This is a gorgeous photograph. I love the rich tonality and the flowing lines. Sort of forms a "figurescape", and that is enhanced by the treatment of her breast. Very lovely. You are lucky to have such a muse in your life.

Leonardo Boher

pro member
Leonardo, I do not own a Nikon now! However, I think this D700 is probably the best camera to get for serious work. It's not so heavy in weight or cost! I like that focal length. I too almost exclusively use the 50mm focal length for ad hoc portraits in natural light.

The decision to go darker and not focus on the breast is a good one! I'm not "anti-breast" images. Far from it. I just have an antipathy for breast obsession that is damaging to the self image of young women.

Aside:It's regrettable the millions of breast implants done especially in the summer before college when most of the worlds silicon for breast implants goes to Rio! There's a huge diversion of energy and reason in this obsession with valuing women on their breast size! It's just a visual cue we have evolved by selection to make up for the loss of the sight of the "presented" buttock mounds" in apes in heat as we have evolved to be bipedal and therefore the human female was selected by eye deprived pre-programed males to get more chances of mating if they had larger breasts. Even smaller breasts are large in proportion to the breasts of any other primate, LOL!

Putting the breast in the shadow brings us to recognize and appreciate the utter beauty of other parts of the form and you have executed this so well. Kudos. Even though you have really pulled in the highlights and really omitted the higher levels, it does not short change us. We do not need to see more, we just need to see enough and that you have measured well.

The hardest part of photography for people to learn is that its a matter of ranking things. you have done this well, kudos!

Asher

P.S. If your girlfriend is someone you enjoy meeting when you wake up, marry her! She's a perfect muse!

Hi Asher, what does mean "ad hoc"?

Well yeah, I agree with you as well. I personally like delicacy, and delicacy in women (that I call young lady at this point) is having a bit less of boobs, buttocks and such. I don't like big lips, nor big boobs, nor big buttocks, nor big hips and such. I like another kind of proportions, more like wishpered body. You know, this is not the proper example, but like the smoke from a cigarette. It has those curve lines that goes aparently randomly, creating sinusoidal, subtle and stylized moevents all the way up.
I'm more interested in the gesture of hands and the hands itself, the eyes are very special to me. Not the typical blue eyes, I like the way the eyes look at something or someone. The gaze, I mean.
I don't personally like (I hate it) the make up or any kind of artificial ornament over the female body. Make up and such is made in industries and they're quite ugly and aberrant. Those things ruins the natural beauty instead enhancing it.

I will keep these words in my mind:

"We do not need to see more, we just need to see enough and that you have measured well.

The hardest part of photography for people to learn is that its a matter of ranking things. you have done this well, kudos!".

Last edited:

Leonardo Boher

pro member
This is a gorgeous photograph. I love the rich tonality and the flowing lines. Sort of forms a "figurescape", and that is enhanced by the treatment of her breast. Very lovely. You are lucky to have such a muse in your life.

Thank you for the comment. Indeed, I'm very lucky. If you read what I wrote to Asher, you will get what I mean :)

About the "figurescape", Jeje... What a weird word! But I like it! It's related with how I relate some unrelated things ^^

Asher Kelman

All is fine now! :)

Found it at last! Asher :)

Nude-2131.png

© Leonoardo Boher "Meadow"

One small PNG for Leonardo, one great micro-defeat for censorship, LOL

Asher

Asher Kelman

Leonardo,

I really hope you find the full size picture. Do you have a back up system for your files? What Abstract?

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Leonardo,

Well... I saw that in a banner inside the morgue as the morgue's paradigm... "Deads Teach Living/Aliveness" or something like that...
Well, yes,

In fact docent is the third person plural indicative of the verb docere, as we would use in "they teach".

My first reference material was misleading (I shouldn't fool around with things I don't know enough about!).

Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug

Charlotte Thompson

I don't come in here often I am so busy with other doings around the forum
but
this is quite the way I love to see a female shown

it has such a soft sheerness to it
like a wispy curtain on a summer eve or fall night
it also is very euro looking for me
not an american thing I think
you must understand the female-KUDOS!
she is a lucky girl!
beautiful piece of photography!

Charlotte-

Leonardo Boher

pro member
I don't come in here often I am so busy with other doings around the forum
but
this is quite the way I love to see a female shown

it has such a soft sheerness to it
like a wispy curtain on a summer eve or fall night
it also is very euro looking for me
not an american thing I think
you must understand the female-KUDOS!
she is a lucky girl!
beautiful piece of photography!

Charlotte-

Oh, thank you very much for your comment. I'm glad the picture inspired you such words :) And yes, female is for me the best live form in the earth, despite all the psycho stuff of females, I adore them, specially in terms of art and feelings :)

Leonardo Boher

pro member
Hi, Leonardo,

Well, yes,

In fact docent is the third person plural indicative of the verb docere, as we would use in "they teach".

My first reference material was misleading (I shouldn't fool around with things I don't know enough about!).

Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug

You should visit the Morgue, but the Argentinean Morgue. There are bones all around the place! =D

janet Smith

pro member
yes, female is for me the best live form in the earth, despite all the psycho stuff of females, I adore them, specially in terms of art and feelings :)

This is very beautiful image Leonardo, it is sensual without being leud, very feminine, natural, discreet, soft and alluring, love the soft light, again very well done, you are to be applauded for your sensitivity....

Leonardo Boher

pro member
This is very beautiful image Leonardo, it is sensual without being leud, very feminine, natural, discreet, soft and alluring, love the soft light, again very well done, you are to be applauded for your sensitivity....

Thanks so much, but I preffer love more than applauses... Or maybe some pill to block sensivity if love cannot be reached. Mmmhhh.... A memory eraser should be okay as well. Your comment makes me cry. Don't feel guilty. Just a personal feeling.

Asher Kelman

Distilling beauty for our art, the challenge!

Thanks so much, but I preffer love more than applauses... Or maybe some pill to block sensivity if love cannot be reached. Mmmhhh.... A memory eraser should be okay as well. Your comment makes me cry. Don't feel guilty. Just a personal feeling.
Hi Leonardo,

I'm not sure that Janet can understand what you are saying without having read everything else you have written, including private notes to me. Here's my theory, for what it's worth:

That pain, of unfulfilled longing for or reaction to beauty, is part of an imaginary "elixir" with which the artist can make ideas come to life as stellar works of energy and sensitivity. Externalize your ideas into making the pictures. The text might be misinterpreted! Let me explain. First a song:

Watch this Love hurts.

It's much easier for folk who don't love to the nth and then are consumed. Someone who can pass beauty and not get interrupted can move faster in life! I had a room mate in the U.K. who walked backwards as he passed a magnificent tree as it pained him to ignore it for a moment! This is real suffering, so I understand it! No, he wasn't out of his mind, just too aware of his feeling for beauty. Let me assure you that such passion is best hidden, as most folk don't work like that! If it's not expressed in art or music, just acted out in speech/behavior, socially, it makes us uncomfortable! We have no way of parsing this. "What is it?" We ask. "Is it mania, beauty or it just wild hunting?"

In any case, having an eruption of demanding feelings (evoked by each instance of beauty we meet) is a terrible burden! Life is easier if each flower, each leaf, passing cloud or smile does not capture one's heart and each smile from a beautiful person make one or tremble! So we learn to be far less sensitive or else, we can put our sensitivity to better use. However, that's not easy! Diverting this visceral reaction might be really tough. Still, when such feelings are indeed harnessed, we might see great works of art. So we must somehow allow these appreciations but collect. There will be an over abundance of feelings. We must develop the skill to distill their esthetic attributes to useful agents to help express our fantasy and creativity. So what might this essence this be?

So I see this "energized intense awareness and experience of beauty" as a kind of rare valuable elixir. If you have it, your are blessed and cursed. It's a treasure that might prove a burden to carry. It's rich, intense and concentrated. It must therefore be served to others only in diluted drops or everyone will go mad! Best embed this in the photograph! A picture will hold this easier than words.

Asher

Last edited:

Leonardo Boher

pro member
Hi Leonardo,

I'm not sure that Janet can understand what you are saying without having read everything else you have written, including private notes to me. Here's my theory, for what it's worth:

That pain, of unfulfilled longing for or reaction to beauty, is part of an imaginary "elixir" with which the artist can make ideas come to life as stellar works of energy and sensitivity. Externalize your ideas into making the pictures. The text might be misinterpreted! Let me explain. First a song:

Watch this Love hurts.

It's much easier for folk who don't love to the nth and then are consumed. Someone who can pass beauty and not get interrupted can move faster in life! I had a room mate in the U.K. who walked backwards as he passed a magnificent tree as it pained him to ignore it for a moment! This is real suffering, so I understand it! No, he wasn't out of his mind, just too aware of his feeling for beauty. Let me assure you that such passion is best hidden, as most folk don't work like that! If it's not expressed in art or music, just acted out in speech/behavior, socially, it makes us uncomfortable! We have no way of parsing this. "What is it?" We ask. "Is it mania, beauty or it just wild hunting?"

In any case, having an eruption of demanding feelings (evoked by each instance of beauty we meet) is a terrible burden! Life is easier if each flower, each leaf, passing cloud or smile does not capture one's heart and each smile from a beautiful person make one or tremble! So we learn to be far less sensitive or else, we can put our sensitivity to better use. However, that's not easy! Diverting this visceral reaction might be really tough. Still, when such feelings are indeed harnessed, we might see great works of art. So we must somehow allow these appreciations but collect. There will be an over abundance of feelings. We must develop the skill to distill their esthetic attributes to useful agents to help express our fantasy and creativity. So what might this essence this be?

So I see this "energized intense awareness and experience of beauty" as a kind of rare valuable elixir. If you have it, your are blessed and cursed. It's a treasure that might prove a burden to carry. It's rich, intense and concentrated. It must therefore be served to others only in diluted drops or everyone will go mad! Best embed this in the photograph! A picture will hold this easier than words.

Asher

Very nice interpretation about the Elixir.... and the drops... Damn... You're right. The problem is I have an ocean of that, and the smallest drop will flood the earh, killing all around. I remember I have written long time ago something like "too much sunlight overcooks the flowers" and I got realized that I would be alone for who knows how long. It was hard for me finding the "cure", but I found it by my self, after 3 years of being dumb, I have opened my heart again to every beauty I see on the earth. I did it 4 days ago, indeed. By the way, it has relation to your room mate and the tree.

I will tell you something by PM. Will post the photo, not big deal.