• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My new toy, 800mm that is!

D

Deleted member 55

5D1C6284-AFA1-41C7-AC86-3ED037FA5C01.jpeg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Well it looks fabulous, but what is its name?

Doesn’t seem like the $16,999 800mm RF Canon Lens!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Beautiful long lens. It doesn’t look like the new 800 mm $16,999 RF lens.

But I suspect it’s the 800 mm manual focus FD lens. Very heavy but fabulous!

Asher

D

Deleted member 55

Thanks, now if they would just ship it to me, it’s been 3 business days since I ordered it!

Asher Kelman

I am so interested in how much better this might be than the super light 800mm Canon RF f11 lens or the EF 100-400 with a 2X teleconverter.

We must check these out together!

Asher

D

Deleted member 55

Really bad first test photo, handheld no IS too low of a shutter speed shot hand held.

Canon in there infinite wisdom locks out shutter release with out a lens mounted that the camera can communicate with! By the time I found the hidden setting the sun had gone down!

The setting should have been next to the shutter release without card setting!

Two minutes before the lightning was perfect!

So please only judge the colors.

The colors look outstanding to me!

80B5B557-F52E-4364-8682-328B76AB2585.jpeg

Asher Kelman

Really bad first test photo, handheld no IS too low of a shutter speed shot hand held.

Canon in there infinite wisdom locks out shutter release with out a lens mounted that the camera can communicate with! By the time I found the hidden setting the sun had gone down!

The setting should have been next to the shutter release without card setting!

Two minutes before the lightning was perfect!

So please only judge the colors.

The colors look outstanding to me!

View attachment 9510
Congratulations! I wonder how it’s performance compares with the inexpensive recent 800mm RF lens that canon introduced.

Obviously it takes in much more light and is a pro lens. But where woukd the 800mm Fall short?

Asher