• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

No words..Just images

fahim mohammed

Let's try something old.

No explanations. Just an image that conveys what it is all about.

Please participate. It would be fun.

I shall go first..ok?

fahim mohammed

p890997863-6.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Are we allowed to respond?

Obviously his turn, but I am at a loss to recognize the game that has the stones set on the intersections of the lines of the board. Still, I gety it, he has to work out the next move!

Asher

fahim mohammed

Asher; the idea is to post images that , without any written explanations, convey the intent of the image.

The could be emotions, actions, anything at all that would enable a viewer to decipher the intention of the photog whilst making the image.

What do you want to show me? What do you want to convey? Want do you want me to feel?

Anything goes.

I don't know if my explanation makes any sense:)

p.s. of course, one can respond to a posted image. But the image itself should not need explanations.

Another one from me.

Asher Kelman

This, Fahim, is a revealing window to all our past and the way human labor took up much of the waking hours. To not get diabetes and heart disease without such normal effort, is the other side of the coin for modernity!

One can't help feel sorry for people working like beasts of burden. We do not know how they feel!

I do not think we are necessarily happier. Is a social worker dealing with addicts, a policeman directing traffic, a surgeon ripping out varicose veins or removing cancers any happier than these workers? They are, perhaps, more fulfilled, but then we have more expectations to satisfy!

Great image! Makes me reflect on our lifestyle and have empathy for these hard laboring women, likely poor as well!

Asher

fahim mohammed

Asher, Doug.

Thanks guys for your comments. Doug, glad engineers sometimes think alike:)

Come on folks, let's see your wonderful images.

p.s. I shall post images which might have been posted before. I apologize if you have seen them previously.

fahim mohammed

Thanks James.

It would appear that we are the only two participants in this thread!!

Last one from me, and if no further interest is there; the thread dies. So be it.

Fahim, I really don't have many street photography photos, so I hope you will still like these without people even if the setups are on purpose.

innocence.jpg

Asher Kelman

Maggie,

This kind of mixed usage of media and symbols creates a mystery which we seem drawn in to try and unfold. I do not know what it might mean, but a paper boat is a representation, perhaps of the overriding principal metaphor of "Life as a Journey". So this picture has a background library of references we will subconsciously draw on....but likely as not, we will never come to the same meaning, just keep wondering and that allows the picture to remain fresh.

Asher

Asher Kelman

Such an image, Fahim, brings the fact of manufacture, which most people never observe, right before our eyes, with no intervening marketing and advertising system. It's all very much personal labor and probably a threadbare life with few resources. Think how his livelihood can be damaged so easily by importation of cheap plastic bowls from China! It's not just the local small stores in Europe and the USA that get wiped out by the dumping of mass produced goods.

This is just a stark reminder of our fragile existence. We may be more fancy in our lives, but represents our own vulnerabilities to nature and fate. But whereas threats to most of us are just, theoretical, here the dice is thrown every day and the threat is nothing less than existential with no respite!

An evocative picture!

Asher