• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Nude and Landscape

Abhijit Biswas

Getting back to normal life these days and thought of sharing this image that I recently edited. Hope you guys like it.

_MG_6804.jpg

Abhijit Biswas
www.exposurebits.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Abhijit,

I'm intrigued!

Tell us some background to this picture. How did you go about planning constructing the image and what led you to the blue presentation. Where does this photograph belong in your work, is this a one of a kind or will it be a series? Are there others like it?

Is this one picture, or made from several?

Asher

Abhijit Biswas

Hi Asher,

It's a composit of 3 pictures and some digital alterations here and there. Niagara falls is the obvious one here and it was shot at night back in 2003 or so. The model was shot in the studio sometime back in 2010 and the land on which the model is sitting is a very mundane shot from Lake Mead, Las Vegas, 2007.

When I put together all 3 it looks good in color. But then thought about making it little monochromatic/moon lit kind of mood and there you have the result.

This is not one of a kind. I have created quite a few composit images over the past few years. I might share few of them here if you guys like so.

Thanks,
Abhijit

Asher Kelman

Hi Asher,

It's a composit of 3 pictures and some digital alterations here and there. Niagara falls is the obvious one here and it was shot at night back in 2003 or so. The model was shot in the studio sometime back in 2010 and the land on which the model is sitting is a very mundane shot from Lake Mead, Las Vegas, 2007.
Well, Abhijit,

It's effective! have a great interest in composites. So how did you approach the shading on the model to get her to fit in with the direction of the lighting? I'd love to see the original. Did you do much shadow painting?

When I put together all 3 it looks good in color.

Yes t works, but the original color would be especially interesting to see as that's where the massive challenge exists of matching the color temperature and saturation of each component of the composite image.

This is not one of a kind. I have created quite a few composit images over the past few years. I might share few of them here if you guys like so.

A series of pictures united by theme/motif/governing idea/style makes for especially interesting attention by us in OPF. As you work, add to the collection and then remove the weaker ones.

Thanks for sharing,

Asher

Abhijit Biswas

Well, Abhijit,

It's effective! have a great interest in composites. So how did you approach the shading on the model to get her to fit in with the direction of the lighting? I'd love to see the original. Did you do much shadow painting?

Here is the color version. The lighting on the model is pretty much the same as shot originally. When I shot this I did think about the moonlit situation and lit her accordingly. Although that does not explain the back light. But one can get rid of the back light so easily but it's difficult to add if it's not there. I did not do any shadow painting. I am a very bad painter :)

_MG_6804_color.jpg

Yes t works, but the original color would be especially interesting to see as that's where the massive challenge exists of matching the color temperature and saturation of each component of the composite image.

You are right about the challenge, Asher! Selecting the images for a composit is tough and add the color temperature issue on top of that and it becomes quite some task. Many often one would have to change the color temperature of all images to match the mood of the end result. Sometimes it requires hours in the post processing to achieve that.

A series of pictures united by theme/motif/governing idea/style makes for especially interesting attention by us in OPF. As you work, add to the collection and then remove the weaker ones.

I will try to post few in the coming days. The images may not have exact theme but you might find some similarity in some ways.

Thanks,
Abhijit

Asher Kelman

I really prefer the color version! Maybe get some of that color from the left on her legs and face!

Asher