• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

NYC skyline at night

John Angulat

pro member
Hi all,
Admittedly I'm a rank amateur at this but I do get off the street now and then! I had played around with panoramas for a while and here's one I did of the NYC skyline.
It's a 7 image stitch, each stitched image a 5 exposure HDR composite. The printed output is 18" x 48". I thought it came out not so bad, eh?

nycpansm.jpg

Valentin Arfire

really beautiful

hi John,

congratulations for the image.

since I'm on Canon, I can only wonder how it would be to have a wider sensitivity range (we have to live with 3 stops bracketing only)

regards,

John Angulat

pro member
Multumesc foarte mult!

Hi Valentin,
Thank you for the kind compliment. Coming from a talented panoramist such as yourself, it is all the more appreciated. I will have to agree, having a bracketing range greater than 3 is decidedly helpful. My crazy D300 will give you 9! (not that I'd ever use it).