• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

In Perspective, Fun: Post your precious pumpkins, carved or not!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This is Halloween time and Pumpkins are around everywhere in the USA n so many shapes and sizes. Some are carved exquisitely. At might, they are lit with candles from inside and kids roam the neighborhood for candies, asking, "Trick or Treat?"

_MG_9940_PUMPKINS EDITED_2.jpg

Asher Kelman: Musicians Pumpkns!

This is just a rapid versioning. Show you snaps for fun too!

Asher

Last edited:

Andrew Stannard

pro member
A couple from the RHS Harlow Carr Gardens, just outside Harrogate, UK. Part of a large greenhouse full of pumpkin displays!

pumpkin1.jpg

pumpkin2.jpg

Cheers,

Asher Kelman

A couple from the RHS Harlow Carr Gardens, just outside Harrogate, UK. Part of a large greenhouse full of pumpkin displays!

pumpkin2.jpg

Andrew,

Isn't it amazing how beautiful these variations are. They recapitulate the entire experience of fall in their shapes, variegation and colors. I wonder how many of these are natural or they are all selected for this my the seed developers? In any case, they make for great autumn atmosphere, (which with hot cider, with cinnamon and cloves, of course) help us survive until they hang the mistletoe.

Do the British make a big thing of Halloween with trick or teat and the kids going around in costumes with flash lights?

Asher

Andrew Stannard

pro member
Do the British make a big thing of Halloween with trick or teat and the kids going around in costumes with flash lights?

They do - but not on the same scale as in the US. We had a few groups of kids around last night - some have fantastic costumes and others have not much more than a mask.

One thing that I have noticed this year is a number of 'Scare Parks' opening. Do they have these in the US? I guess they probably do. They seem to revolve around being chased around corn mazes at night, through darkened tunnels etc. The "Land where nightmares never end" is the catchphrase for one.

Asher Kelman

One thing that I have noticed this year is a number of 'Scare Parks' opening. Do they have these in the US? I guess they probably do. They seem to revolve around being chased around corn mazes at night, through darkened tunnels etc. The "Land where nightmares never end" is the catchphrase for one.

Well private families also make theme places, either a rented building or their own home filled with flying witches and scary monsters. The theme parks, like Knotts Berry Farm, can be pretty sophisticated mega-enterprises!

Asher

ErikJonas

Banned
Andrew....Nice squash picture...Here the left over squash are give to the local zoo and they feed them to certain animals like the hippos...Its a big treat for them =)