• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Romboidus Aviarius

325481298_WcNKZ-X2.jpg

charlie chipman

Now there is an interesting perspective, I quite like the angle and the outfit.

It is hard to say if I would prefer this view or to rotate the picture 180 degrees.

Thanks for sharing.

Now there is an interesting perspective, I quite like the angle and the outfit.

It is hard to say if I would prefer this view or to rotate the picture 180 degrees.

Thanks for sharing.

Charlie,
thanks for looking!
I normally don't like upside-down shots myself (this pattern has been shot ad nauseum), but in this case I think it's justified.
Cheers!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Happy picture and fun with good lighting! Kudos!

Asher

P.S. Just so you don't think you can sell it to Vogue today, watch the hands. They should be as carefully lit as her thighs. Think of them as the face. Only a small point for this wonderful image that becomes an issue if one competes in a real tough market place. Look at paintings and magazine images. Hands are not clasped tight with shadows but are graceful.

Asher

P.S. Just so you don't think you can sell it to Vogue today, watch the hands. They should be as carefully lit as her thighs. Think of them as the face. Only a small point for this wonderful image that becomes an issue if one competes in a real tough market place. Look at paintings and magazine images. Hands are not clasped tight with shadows but are graceful.

Asher,
thank you for the comments and words of wisdom! I agree about the hands.
To my defense, that was my last shoot with a very basic lighting setup. I simply didn't have enough versatility to do exactly what I wanted.
Now that I have 6 AC lights (and 2 more are coming:) and quite a few modifiers I think I will be able to do better light-sculpting-wise:)

Prateek Dubey

Asher

Hello Asher,
Your insights are acute. I'm sure I'm going to learn a lot from you.