• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Thread about the update.

Chris Calohan

Just a test: Hooded Merganser

31754380517_5369cbe8a8_b_d.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
So beautiful. Why such a long beak?

Chris,

Are the colors showing better or am I just high?

Asher

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

Report: the time allowance to edit a message used to be much longer.
Thanks for pointing that out!

? We need to look at that.

Let’s add the ? icon to mark any required feature or correction, as I have done here.

Then I will make the changes and have a thread listing such mods.

Thanks for the report,

Asher

Antonio Correia

Special for Antonio Correia!
I created a different layout with dark background…
I'll have to dig a bit more but it works…
Some other people may prefer this layout…
On the bottom left of the page, where you see in the lower bar click on "The Open Photography Forums" and choose Dark:

View attachment 177

Thank you Nicolas for the work. :)
I feel the obligation to say a few words about this black issue I have been asking for some time.
-
The result of a black background is really not the best solution in aesthetically terms. Perhaps I rather stay on the default ! Shame on me ! So much trouble to come to this. But I understand Nicolas. The software doesn't allow a more pleasant site using black coherently and pleasantly. You made your best as usual ! Thank you ! :)

Many forums have opted for dark background or at least, allow users to change it. Some people like white, other people like black, other people more deep or lighter gray... Examples in the photo.

Curiously, Mohave allows dark theme, I think for the first time... Béhance doesn't... Luminous Landscape doesn't... Olympus System talk doesn't... Sony Alfa Forum doesn't... as far as I can understand but I may be wrong !
The best forum for me, in aesthetically terms is Cambridge in Colour. No doubt about it !

Thank you for your attention and sorry to have done some much trouble and work. :)

i-jMXjXsS-XL.jpg

i-9XpDtCw-XL.jpg

i-jRgxsb5-XL.jpg

Antonio Correia

Perhaps I have something to fix as I am not receiving notification mails about new posts on subscribed threads ...
What is it ?
Thanks
i-fgbJG9k-XL.png

Antonio Correia

Yes Jerome, thank you.
I have a look at the spam folder from time to time. It is empty now. I have erased a prono thing a couple of minutes ago.
:)

Robert Watcher

Testing what output looks like with Code option

PHP:
if ($_SERVER["HTTPS"] != "on") {
    echo "This is not HTTPS";
}else{
    echo "This is HTTPS";
}

Apache config:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\. [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(?:www\.)?(.+)$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^ https://www.%1%{REQUEST_URI} [L,NE,R=301]

CSS:
body {
  background-color: lightblue;
}
h1 {
  color: white;
  text-align: center;
}
p {
  font-family: verdana;
  font-size: 20px;
}

JavaScript:
var myTimer = setInterval(myClock, 1000);
function myClock() {
  document.getElementById("demo").innerHTML = new Date().toLocaleTimeString();
}

JSON:
{"employees":[
  { "firstName":"John", "lastName":"Doe" },
  { "firstName":"Anna", "lastName":"Smith" },
  { "firstName":"Peter", "lastName":"Jones" }
]}

Not that it will be of great use on a photography forum —— but nevertheless - COOL

—————-

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

I thought I replied to this, but now I don't see it.

Oh, I guess I missed it. and SO I posted by comment again. Sorry.

Best regards,

Doug

Robert Watcher

I agree with Antonio that the current dark theme isn’t very appealing. Doing a quick search, there are lots of dark themes for Xenforo —— but many are paid.

I came across this, that just alters the default theme - it is free with no branding. Not sure if it works with this version or if it is practical for users switching. And maybe it isn’t as pretty as the Mac dark mode. But here is the link to consider

- https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xf2-0-xf2-1-dark-default-style.6756/

———-

Doug Kerr

Testing posting an image.

Well, the "picture" icon brings a box asking for a URL. So that assumes the image is hosted someplace.

Is there a way to just send up a file with one's post? Or is not not in effect yet?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

Testing posting an image.

Well, the "picture" icon brings a box asking for a URL. So that assumes the image is hosted someplace.

Is there a way to just send up a file with one's post? Or is not not in effect yet?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug

Doug,

We will have active storage as soon as Slavic from the U.K. Makes time for the programming. I will ask if we can at least host going forward.

Asher

Jerome Marot

I would like to report a bug about forum e-mail.

All the e-mail sent by the forum (to inform me about new responses, etc...) ends up in my spam folder. I found out why. The Return-Path: and From: fields point to Asher's mail (****7@mac.com) while they should point to e.g. no-reply@openphotographyforums.com.

Maybe the Message-ID: field should also be tweaked. At present it points to www.openphotographyforums.com, while the www is probably not necessary. Example:
Message-ID:<cac657ad5aea23fe1898dd3897b2c84d@www.openphotographyforums.com> (but old messages had the same Message-ID field and did not end up in my spam folder).

If needed, I can send the headers of an old message and of a new message.

Asher Kelman

I have asked our designer to look at this!

Have to pop over to get a wrist X-ray ? so look after the fort!

Thanks,

Asher

Doug Kerr

Lemme test post a pic so I can what's being talked about here.

I click on the 'Insert Image' icon. I get a dialog that wants a URL. I put in the URL to one of my pix and OK the dialog.

Aha! It works:

G10127-01-s800.jpg

This is, by the way, a cast shot from our theater company's latest "murder mystery weekend" at The Lodge Resort and Spa in Cloudcroft, N.M. This one is based on characters modeled after the characters in "Game of Thrones". Carla is third from the left. More on this later.

There doesn't seem to be any way to center the image, so I can expect the crack of the vorsitzer's ruler across my knuckles.

I'm not sure about "clicking on it to zoom in" (whatever that might mean). If I click on it, I get a toolbar with a lot of things, including an "align" dropdown on which centered is not one of the choices.

But Maggie managed to center her image, so I must be missing something

Indeed, I can drag a corner to change the displayed size. Nice.

Coming along nicely.

Best regards,

Doug

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

What’s nice is one doesn’t need any code. Check the picture: if you click on it you can zoom in.

Do you mean the picture as seen by a viewer or as seen in the message composition window?

If I click on Maggie's picture nothing happens.

Ah, I guess Maggie's picture wasn't done that way.

If I click on the picture in my recent post (seen as a viewer) I see I get a larger presentation.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

I have had all sorts of diversions and am not familiar with all these controls.

Just that XF folks wrote the original vBulletin platform we used previously and they are rated very well and are so experienced that the migration went amazingly smoothly. But this is a different world and far better focused on user experience.

Nicolas Claris is, as usual, moving ahead of me in exploring controls.

I will set out to discover more myself.

Urgent issues will be dealt with Immediately. Others will be added to our “TO DO LIST”!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Here's a video hosted by Vimeo.
Enjoy!

This wonderful and moving photography, is not only beautiful in itself but also part of an integrated “luxury craft-imagining-cooperative-scheme”. It is a rich and esthetically moving testament to uncompromising choice of marine technology and artistic craft of every element in the creative chain

...... from “dreams to dinner and drinks” as boats move into new destinations from across the most challenging ocean waters, even thousands of miles away.

The photography and cinematography grapples all of this into one moving visual story that invokes the senses and reminds us all of our origins in the great seas!

This work is of the highest order and anyone who would engage Claris Images is assured of far more than they could grasp and imagine even in the most persuasive, articulate and illustrated presentation. They are simply first class and exceptional!

Asher

Last edited: