• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Tips for Capturing Dog Photos

Emma02

Hello,

I really love dogs. they are really looks innocent. So I've recently taken an interest in photographing dogs, especially during their playful moments in parks or during walks. While I've captured some decent shots, I often find it challenging to get the focus right, especially when they move so quickly.
Here are some Picture Clicked by me-
photo-1620325698009-4163b8f6d501.jpg

images.jpg
photo-1620325697933-3e7341552261.jpg

Does anyone have any tips or techniques they use to capture sharp, dynamic photos of dogs in action?

Thanks in advance!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Emma,

Especially this first picture shows you have not a lot to learn beyond continuing with unflagging love and enthusiasm.

CE6FF363-323E-4F8F-B69D-8C3175654E88.jpeg

You can be proud. There’s action, tail is up, mouth is open about to grab the ball.

Of course, in post processing you can sharpen and apply an S curve to thr dog and ball. Perhaps you did just tgst!

You might also choose to further blur tgr b.g.

Todays cameras can track the dog coming towards you and grab and maintain eye focus!

It’s tempting to use a tiny aperture, sat f11 to create a generous depth of field that’s in sharp focus. Whatever you chose worked very well!

But AF focus today can do just fine with lens wide open.

I would love to know the lens and EXIF.

Asher

Emma02

Emma,

Especially this first picture shows you have not a lot to learn beyond continuing with unflagging love and enthusiasm.

You can be proud. There’s action, tail is up, mouth is open about to grab the ball.

Of course, in post processing you can sharpen and apply an S curve to thr dog and ball. Perhaps you did just tgst!

Todays cameras can track the dog coming towards you and grab and maintain eye focus!

It’s tempting to use a tiny aperture, sat f11 to create a generous depth of field that’s in sharp focus. Whatever you chose worked very well!

Asher
Thanks Asher for this helpful and informative suggestion. I Really Follow your suggestion.

Emma02

Emma,

Asher
Thanks Asher for this helpful and informative suggestion. I Really Follow your suggestion.

Emma02

Emma,

Asher

Will Thompson

Well Known Member
Make sure you don’t have this guy in the shoot!

012K7244.jpeg

Dogs have zero attention span.

This guy chases Piglett (pictured above) every chance he gets!

1DX30048.jpeg

His name is Tonga and he bites!