• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Warning: and are NSFW. Threads may start of as text only but then pictures could be added as part of a discussion or to make some point. This is not for family viewing without a parent's consent and supervision. If you are under age 18, please do not use this section
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Unicef Tetanus Vaccine laced with birth control: true or an Urban Myth?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Then again, I can only put up a red Flag and warn people to think just because something is labeled unicef it follows a set of ethical rules that really are there to help. Unicef is massivly entangeled in political interests.

In 1995, the Catholic Women's League of the Philippines won a court order halting a UNICEF anti-tetanus program because the vaccine had been laced with B-hCG, a hormone that sterilizes and causes miscarriages in its recipients. The Supreme Court of the Philippines found the surreptitious sterilization program had already vaccinated three million women, aged 12 to 45. B-hCG-laced vaccine was also found in at least four other developing countries.

Remarkable!

I have my doubts on organisations that have human rights written on their flag but act in matters of population control!

I have my doubts on such in deed!

I would be disgusted if it were true but it appears more likely propaganda by reactionary relgious crazies who want to create fear that the modernized West is pushing birth control. It fits in with other Urban Myths. It could be an urban myth. We'll have to check. It's one thing to design a conraceptive but another to provide it in a clandestine wholesale manner. I have grave reservation about the truth of this story. This sounds like a 911 conspiracy theory, but at least I have the background to try to understand and distinguish fact from fiction.

More important is that we lose huge numbers of children to neonatal tetanus and untold thousands of vulnerable children have died or will die because such vaccine prgrams have been slowed down or halted. See here .

The fact that the complaints come from a Catholic group opposed to contraception anyway, makes me suspect religious motivation for the constructed mythology reported here.

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Doug,

Of course you are right! But look that Georg (who is very logical), still apparently considered the allegation (of lacing ant-tetanus vaccine with beta HCG, Beta human growth hormone) was true! This is of the same order of Jeremiah Wright's assertion that the U.S. government created HIV to hurt black folk!

Fox News did a survey and found that a sizeable number of the African American community in the USA thought that the US government had indeed done that!!!!! Now since gentlemen like that pastor have been spreading these fanciful ideas for the last 20 years, it is not surpising, when you come to think about it.

But that is a point to stop and reconsider the whole issue of "rumorology". This spreading of fashionable lies, for that what it is, fits a "anti-US" fervor required for the vigor of groups that have grown out of the revolutionary zeal of S. American "anti imperialistic" and anti catholic religious groups.

This indoctrination has slipped into the American culture without the whites even knowing since in the most part, the communities, if they re church going, go to different churches. Certainly, JW church and the like, caters to mostly a non mainstream white community that accepts anti US and anti white rhetoric as normal.

Dierk Haasis

pro member
Facts, my dear friends, do not conform to logical deduction. They are. If they are not, that is, if a story such as the ones mentioned are wrong, you cannot call it fact. Since facts cannot be logically deduced but only experienced - not necessarily by oneself, that's why we invernted mass-produced books - any discussion on the truth value of, say, tainted vaccines is moot. Facts can be checked, even debated, but not discussed [unless discussion means nothing more than idle chatter].

Have vaccines be laced with other medication, with harmful vectors, with poison? I doubt that; give me evidence, studies. Forget any rumours, gossip, dubitable sources. forget conspiracy theories - shouldn't be called 'theories' since they are for from it. Proof is needed, scientific proof, not the joke jurists call "proof".

On a second note, the moral stance taken in the original - taking a dubious claim as its premise, then being disgusted at a possible decision without furthe rknowledge about it or the way UNICEF may have arrived at it - sounds FOX'ish to me.

doug anderson

Doug,

Of course you are right! But look that Georg (who is very logical), still apparently considered the allegation (of lacing ant-tetanus vaccine with beta HCG, Beta human growth hormone) was true! This is of the same order of Jeremiah Wright's assertion that the U.S. government created HIV to hurt black folk!

Fox News did a survey and found that a sizeable number of the African American community in the USA thought that the US government had indeed done that!!!!! Now since gentlemen like that pastor have been spreading these fanciful ideas for the last 20 years, it is not surpising, when you come to think about it.

But that is a point to stop and reconsider the whole issue of "rumorology". This spreading of fashionable lies, for that what it is, fits a "anti-US" fervor required for the vigor of groups that have grown out of the revolutionary zeal of S. American "anti imperialistic" and anti catholic religious groups.

This indoctrination has slipped into the American culture without the whites even knowing since in the most part, the communities, if they re church going, go to different churches. Certainly, JW church and the like, caters to mostly a non mainstream white community that accepts anti US and anti white rhetoric as normal.

The reason I don't believe conspiracy theories is that they are too logical for government bureaucracies to execute. For example, they would have screwed up and given the Daughters of the American Revolution HIV by mistake. Look at FEMA's response to Katrina, or, gasp, Homeland Securities utter silliness.

I don't think the problem with our government is conspiracies: the crimes they are committing are not covert: they are happening in plain site and no one seems to be able to do anything about them.