• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

What’s in a name Part 2

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Now that the subject of naming has been clarified I will present a tile for the following.
what part does the title play in alerting the viewer to aspects of the photograph in a Descriptive, Emotional, Mental manner?

Hervey Bay, Q’land.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Is that your given name already, simply it’s location?

How did that bring with it description of what we see: there is no bay, but if you say it’s part of THE said bay, fine.

What emotion is implied or “mental manner”?

Or are you about to reveal your more apt and stimulating name able to recruit the characteristics you have suggested?

Ashef

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Is that your given name already, simply it’s location?

How did that bring with it description of what we see: there is no bay, but if you say it’s part of THE said bay, fine.

What emotion is implied or “mental manner”?

Or are you about to reveal your more apt and stimulating name able to recruit the characteristics you have suggested?

Ashef

To be an observer, one must see what is there.
To be an astute observer, one must see what is not.

I can’t speak for you, Asher. If the picture poses unanswered questions you must answer them yourself.
When you do find answers they will have meaning only for you. You will have stood on a pier at some time, no doubt, and looked across a sandy beach at the perimeter of a shallow inlet, possibly on a cool and cloudy day. Perhaps you might have seen two people in close proximity and wondered what they were doing there. As you saw all this, I’m sure you spoke to yourself of times now past, people you once knew or still do, thought of the sand beneath your feet.
If you have, then you also have the answers. If not, it’s either time you did or time to move on to the next image.

The title is a starting point, as is the photograph. It’s your task to take the journey if you please, not mine.