• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Working with Portrait Professional without Sculpting!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks, Robert, but how do you do skin smoothing? Is that by tricking program to vignette with blur?

Can you do cloning?

When doing clean up, one has be be so careful not to get staccato repeats!

Asher

Robert Watcher

Yes, I have to leverage that too!

Thanks!

I put together this screen capture video (iPad Recorder) of me running through some steps that I follow if cleaning up a face in Snapseed. If I want extensive post work for a client, then I will use a full featured program.

There is no Audio, so you will have to watch for the names of the Tool being used, in the Center of the screen.

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

I put together this screen capture video (iPad Recorder) of me running through some steps that I follow if cleaning up a face in Snapseed. If I want extensive post work for a client, then I will use a full featured program.

There is no Audio, so you will have to watch for the names of the Tool being used, in the Center of the screen.

Robert,

This is such a useful video on Snapseed but also on cleaning a picture in any editing software.

Is tgr version you use different than the one for an iPhone?

It seems to have finer controls!

Asher

Robert Watcher

The same version of Snapseed is on both my iphone and iPad. Any fine control was from zooming in with two fingers after selecting the Healing tool, and being careful where I ran my finger. Not near the control I would have with the Affinity Inpainting tool. I do image that I would have better control now that I have an Apple Pen for my iPad. Working with fingers are kind of crude but doable obviously. LOL

This is such an old video. Strangely I posted this 10 days before having to leave El Salvador because of the new pandemic threat. My subjects and methods have changed so much in the last 3-1/2 years. I don’t photograph that often compared to before, and most of my image processing is done on my desktop. My wife still uses Snapseed on your phone, but increasingly is finding the iOS editing in Photos to do everything she needs.

Asher Kelman

I use finger zoom too and I have learnt to do large objects in stages so my continued efforts don’t ruin my edits to date.

But I have never used the paint tool.

I will tackle that next.

Asher