• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Time Travel

fahim mohammed

in the 21st century, of course...

p4086470.jpg

fahim mohammed

Here she is Charlotte..OI, answer this!

Hello,

U R very knd. Tks.
luv 2 the 2 kds.

bye.

There you are. That was her rushing off to her 10kms daily walk/jog.

Take care Charlotte and thank you.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

p4086470.jpg

Fahim,

You are most generous to once again share with us the exploits of amazing Ayesha, an example for all!

Whenever a journey is mentioned, you capture our attention, as that, after all is where all of us hold something in common whether we like to face it or not. Then we are interested in what journey, by whom and to what purpose? We start by looking for, (or imagining), the route travelled.

There's a receding path and a wall that makes me think of Budapest, but walking 8Km there is unlikely! The out of focus left side is a giant leap away from the sharply drawn character of our lovely subject on the right. This, and the un-apologetic blown highlight rings, makes the picture a challenge as one image on its own. This surprising style could have value if repeated in other such shots so the values and consequences of it can be explored. Then, as a set, we could better approach this single very noticeable photograph. Here, not only is the picture divided into soft and undefined versus clearly drawn and detailed, but the people are so casual and non committed whereas Ayesha will confront anything in front of her as she has a purpose on her mind.

Thanks for sharing

Asher

fahim mohammed

Asher, thank you for your considered comments.

I showed them to my wife, and have been asked to convey her thanks too.

However, she has expressed a desire that I do not post any more pictures of her and her grandchildren
as she feels that I am one of the very few ( Charlotte being the true exception; and a very very few others that do so on rare occasions ) that post family images on this site.

She, justifiably, thinks that I should stick to posting landscapes only; that too if at all. Let me enjoy the postings of others.

Regards.

Asher Kelman

Fahim,

Ayesha has already shared generously. I know your family. We're grateful for that privilege.

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Fahim,

Asher, thank you for your considered comments.

I showed them to my wife, and have been asked to convey her thanks too.

However, she has expressed a desire that I do not post any more pictures of her and her grandchildren
as she feels that I am one of the very few ( Charlotte being the true exception; and a very very few others that do so on rare occasions ) that post family images on this site.
Well, there are actually many members who post pictures of their families.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

Hi, Fahim,

Well, there are actually many members who post pictures of their families.

Best regards,

Doug

True, but diluted. I plan to post mine, but some of my household don't give permission. Others are fine so those I'll show! It's good to get to know folk here beyond just pictures of what's in the street and in the studio. However, we all have to deal with our own constituencies. So what family pictures we see are very much appreciated and show a great deal of trust to this community.

Thanks for sharing. Carla I have come to getting a great idea of her and her social activities and attributes. This adds spark and spice to the forum!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Fahim,

There's nothing here to be argued about, LOL. It's quite obvious that you have generously shared many pictures of your family. Many other family pictures have been shown, but yours must be somewhere at the top of the list. I wish others would follow suite! We'll then enjoy what ever is shared. However no one is expected to do this! Each is a special treat. When it happens it is appreciated.

Asher

fahim mohammed

Fahim,

There's nothing here to be argued about, LOL. It's quite obvious that you have generously shared many pictures of your family. Many other family pictures have been shown, but yours must be somewhere at the top of the list. I wish others would follow suite! We'll then enjoy what ever is shared. However no one is expected to do this! Each is a special treat. When it happens it is appreciated.

Asher

You posted, while I was deleting!!

Asher Kelman

Accidents in pictures might work in our favor.

p4086470.jpg

Fahim,

There's an interesting feature that is obvious but may have a role in the dynamics of the picture, beyond our first glances. The harsh blown out highlight near the folk in the background serves as a stop point for eye movement to alternate with the detailed drawing of Ayesha's face. This artifact might then be improving how we look at the picture, making us compare the soft lyrical grouping in the background, (one that we'd easily pay little attention to), to your main subject.

I'd only know if this is true if we'd have a copy with the artifact repaired. Doubtless you'll bother as theres no requirement. Still, if you ever do play with that, let me know the result. Is that artifact indeed helpful. Sometimes accidents work in our favor.

Asher

fahim mohammed

p4086470.jpg

Fahim,

There's an interesting feature that is obvious but may have a role in the dynamics of the picture, beyond our first glances. The harsh blown out highlight near the folk in the background serves as a stop point for eye movement to alternate with the detailed drawing of Ayesha's face. This artifact might then be improving how we look at the picture, making us compare the soft lyrical grouping in the background, (one that we'd easily pay little attention to), to your main subject.

I'd only know if this is true if we'd have a copy with the artifact repaired. Doubtless you'll bother as theres no requirement. Still, if you ever do play with that, let me know the result. Is that artifact indeed helpful. Sometimes accidents work in our favor.

Asher

Bravo..astute. This ' artifact' was done on purpose. To do exactly what you explain. In color my eyes were drifting outside the frame, even though the two persons are oof ( nikon 85/1.4 D with a variable ND singh-ray filter to allow me to shoot in sunlight at wide aperture ).

I first applied a nik pastel filter with a mask to shield the main subject. Then a gaussian filter to blur more and a masked curve to increase the highlights there. CA there and on the bench became pronounced. What I wanted.

Nik silver efex pro for bw conversion with a filter to give that CA the ' artifact ' there and the blowout
along the bench. There you have it.

I wanted the eye to stop between the subject, the ' artifact ', the bench and be pulled back again.