• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Jerry and Cassie get hitched.

So today Jerry and Cassie got married. People get married all the time. People get married in churches, temples, courts. Jerry and Cassie got married in a tool shed/ body shop.
I was there because Jerry is close to my buddy, Charlie. I met Jerry once, 3 months ago. He added me on facebook. I got an facebook invite to his wedding. I was somewhat disinclined to go. Then Jerry told me that he had seen my work, and wanted me to take pictures. He also promised free booze. On the promise of booze, I agreed. (Being a college student on midterm breaks, I never refuse a tipple.)
Today, I put on my indian military issue camo jacket (formal duds were strictly forbidden), packed in an ounce of cheap shag tobacco, and went and took pictures.
The wedding was conducted by Jerry's brother, who is an ordained padre from some kooky online church.
At the end of the night, the bride was hunched next to a dustbin, throwing up. The groom was sitting next to her, smoking a fat stogie, and rubbing her back.

8108229684_ba5f3e00ef_b.jpg

8108228332_ece371eace_b.jpg

8108216361_4e5aff9ba5_b.jpg

Mark Hampton

So today Jerry and Cassie got married. People get married all the time. People get married in churches, temples, courts. Jerry and Cassie got married in a tool shed/ body shop.
I was there because Jerry is close to my buddy, Charlie. I met Jerry once, 3 months ago. He added me on facebook. I got an facebook invite to his wedding. I was somewhat disinclined to go. Then Jerry told me that he had seen my work, and wanted me to take pictures. He also promised free booze. On the promise of booze, I agreed. (Being a college student on midterm breaks, I never refuse a tipple.)
Today, I put on my indian military issue camo jacket (formal duds were strictly forbidden), packed in an ounce of cheap shag tobacco, and went and took pictures.
The wedding was conducted by Jerry's brother, who is an ordained padre from some kooky online church.
At the end of the night, the bride was hunched next to a dustbin, throwing up. The groom was sitting next to her, smoking a fat stogie, and rubbing her back.

8108228332_ece371eace_b.jpg

8108216361_4e5aff9ba5_b.jpg

Rahul,

this kind of reminds me of Ham on Rye by Charles Bukowski. Not so much in content but attitude.

which is something I can relate to.

cheers.

Rahul,

this kind of reminds me of Ham on Rye by Charles Bukowski. Not so much in content but attitude.

which is something I can relate to.

cheers.

Never really read any Bukowski. A lot of my friends are absolutely gaga over him. Maybe, it is high time I actually do something productive over break, and read some of his stuff.
Best
Rahul

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Rahul,

These are fun times you show and what a great photojournalist, you are, pulling us into this world your words and pictures! That bride will never forget her wedding, but will her mom get the necessary photo album to show her pals?

So today Jerry and Cassie got married.

I thought, amazingly, Rahul met the fascinating woman from the Drobo videos! Close but not the same! Still close enough, that it got me checking! She'd make a fab model!

Asher

Rahul,

These are fun times you show and what a great photojournalist, you are, pulling us into this world your words and pictures! That bride will never forget her wedding, but will her mom get the necessary photo album to show her pals?

I thought, amazingly, Rahul met the fascinating woman from the Drobo videos! Close but not the same! Still close enough, that it got me checking! She'd make a fab model!

Asher

Thank you, Asher. Yes, the bride actually did get the album already.
I didn't know about the drobo model, but I can see the resemblance. The couple is actually leaving Idaho in december because the bride joined the air force, and is going to be stationed in san diego or some where in that vicinity.
Best
Rahul

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thank you, Asher. Yes, the bride actually did get the album already.
I didn't know about the drobo model, but I can see the resemblance. The couple is actually leaving Idaho in december because the bride joined the air force, and is going to be stationed in san diego or some where in that vicinity.
Best
Rahul

Hmm! Maybe I can take over as documentarian and do a follow up picture in army uniform!

Asher

Dave Butcher

These are great pictures. I love the fact that the wedding is done in a body shop and that the pictures are not posed. This young couple is living life to the fullest. And to me that is what life is about.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Rahul,

Wondrous photos, and a great story.

My wife Carla is in fact an ordained minister from one of those kooky online churches. Here's how that happened.

The county in which we live (Otero County, New Mexico) is as big in area as the state of Connecticut, but with a population of only about 60,000. It is very "conservative" politically.

When the state ordained (!) that marriages between same-gender people were legal in New Mexico (quite a while before the landmark decision of the US Supreme Court on that matter), a number of County Clerks said they would not issue licenses for such. The state advised them that they should therefore forthwith resign their posts, and that pretty much took care of that.

But in our county, all of the judges, at various levels, decided that they would no longer preside over any weddings. There is no law that requires a judge to preside over a wedding, and this way they would not have to preside over same-gender weddings but could not be accused of any discriminatory practices.

This left couples in our county (of whatever gender composition) that did not have any connection with a church without any handy access to an officiant. As a result, a number of people in the county (including Carla) because minsters of a church that has mainly an online presence. The courts had already decided that such persons met the definition of one type of person authorized by New Mexico state law to officiate at marriages.

But Carla has not yet "advertised" her availability and has not yet performed any marriages.

Thanks again for the great pix and the great story.

Best regards,

Doug

Jerome Marot

We are now 5 years after the wedding and inquisitive minds want to know:
-what happened to Jerry and Cassie?
-did Carla perform weddings between unspecified lifeforms?
-are the pipe wrenches still in the tool shed?