• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Alas.

fahim mohammed

Alas, that Spring should vanish with the Rose!

That Youth's sweet-scented Manuscript should close!

The Nightingale that in the Branches sang,

Ah, whence, and whither flown again, who knows!

p1193188388-6.jpg

I'm really loving this series of very soft grainy portraits of your beautiful wife. This one may have color and double exposure (or blending in photoshop) but still have that same wonderful feel as the others.
more!! more!!
:)
Maggie

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Alas, that Spring should vanish with the Rose!

That Youth's sweet-scented Manuscript should close!

The Nightingale that in the Branches sang,

Ah, whence, and whither flown again, who knows!

p1193188388-6.jpg

The manuscript's well written
and keeps it's beauty in its meaning,
no matter the season.

Asher

fahim mohammed

Maggie, very kind of you. I shall look into some archives and see what I find.

Asher, much appreciated sir.

Robert, I am grateful for the compliment.

Thank you all.
Best regards.

fahim mohammed

Ah Love! could thou and I with Fate conspire

To grasp this sorry Scheme of Things entire,

Would not we shatter it to bits---and then

Re-mould it nearer to the Heart's Desire!

p1236920642-5.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Fahim,

We older fellows are so lucky and blessed to have what we have and those who not only we cherish but return the favor! The blessing is infinitely more when we actually are aware of what is really worthwhile in this life and what is just conceit and temporary.

You must have been a pretty good charmer to have won her heart and patience as she's one bright and determined woman. If you didn't measure up, or else held her family hostage ), you'd have been just a passing quick unimportant conversation that happened decades ago and was forgotten!

Asher :)

That is a lovely picture and a lovely quatrain from Edward Fitzgerald's translation of the Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam.
Just as the picture hints at otherness the quatrain itself has a strange past. It is quatrain 73 in the first edition of the poem, quatrain 108 in the second edition, and quatrain 99 in the third and fourth editions; a sweet mystery.

fahim mohammed

Fahim,

We older fellows are so lucky and blessed to have what we have and those who not only we cherish but return the favor! The blessing is infinitely more when we actually are aware of what is really worthwhile in this life and what is just conceit and temporary.

You must have been a pretty good charmer to have won her heart and patience as she's one bright and determined woman. If you didn't measure up, or else held her family hostage ), you'd have been just a passing quick unimportant conversation that happened decades ago and was forgotten!

Asher :)

True Asher. And true again good sir.

Stay well.

fahim mohammed

That is a lovely picture and a lovely quatrain from Edward Fitzgerald's translation of the Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam.
Just as the picture hints at otherness the quatrain itself has a strange past. It is quatrain 73 in the first edition of the poem, quatrain 108 in the second edition, and quatrain 99 in the third and fourth editions; a sweet mystery.

Maris, your kind comments are very much appreciated.
Thank you. I only have a tattered copy of the first edition!
Wonderful, isn't it?

Kindest regards.

fahim mohammed

Oh, come with old Khayyam, and leave the Wise

To talk; one thing is certain, that Life flies;

One thing is certain, and the Rest is Lies;

The Flower that once has blown for ever dies.

p1238954490-5.jpg

fahim mohammed

Ah, make the most of what we yet may spend,

Before we too into the Dust descend;

Dust into Dust, and under Dust, to lie,

Sans Wine, sans Song, sans Singer, and---sans End!

p1244896044-5.jpg

Thank you for being with Khayyam and me.

Fahim, what I love about these portraits is that you have captured your wife's very expressive eyes. She's an amazing model. Although she isn't smiling, we feel her very alive and she seems wise and thoughtful. :)
Maggie

fahim mohammed

Fahim, what I love about these portraits is that you have captured your wife's very expressive eyes. She's an amazing model. Although she isn't smiling, we feel her very alive and she seems wise and thoughtful. :)
Maggie

Maggie. Thank you. Thank you for everything.

Our kindest regards and best wishes to and yours.