• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Portrait of Elena

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hand held, natural light, a shot of Elena while she was resting between two takes during the photo shoot of the Lagoon 630 MY in the Bahamas 2 weeks ago…

NCZ_2474-1200px.jpg

PENTAX 645Z - smc PENTAX-D FA645 55mm F2.8 AL [IF] SDM AW - 1/200 s; f/8; ISO 250

Lightroom 5 + Anthropics PortraitPro + slight sharpness in PS

Doug Kerr

Hi, Nicolas,
Hand held, natural light, a shot of Elena while she was resting between two takes during the photo shoot of the Lagoon 630 MY in the Bahamas 2 weeks ago…

Exquisite!

How do you like Portrait Professional? It has certainly made me a big hit with the ladies here!

Best regards,

Doug

nicolas claris

Hi, Nicolas,

Exquisite!

How do you like Portrait Professional? It has certainly made me a big hit with the ladies here!

Best regards,

Doug

Ah! LoL!
One single rule to never forget: NEVER show a woman a portrait of her if you have worked your image with PortraitPro!
Otherwise you have a lot of chance to be crucified within a few seconds…

And by the way, PortraitPro is to be worked with precaution and be cautious not to over correct…

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

NCZ_2474-1200px.jpg

PENTAX 645Z - smc PENTAX-D FA645 55mm F2.8 AL [IF] SDM AW - 1/200 s; f/8; ISO 250

Lightroom 5 + Anthropics PortraitPro + slight sharpness in PS

Nicolas,

Fabulous lady and perfectly captures sienna eyes! What does SDM stand for? Glad you have also found PP. Do you switch of sculpting of shapes of jaw etc or allow it?

Asher

nicolas claris

Nicolas,

Fabulous lady and perfectly captures sienna eyes! What does SDM stand for? Glad you have also found PP. Do you switch of sculpting of shapes of jaw etc or allow it?

Asher

Bonsoir Asher

thank you : D

SDM = Supersonic Drive Motor

Generally I avoid sculpting of shapes etc. unless the model was not in good… shape!
In this case there was no shaping at all.
Elena is graceful!

nicolas claris

Super !

No comments ! or perhaps... comments ? what for ? :)

Thank you Antonio

What for ?

Well, as already said "between two takes during the photo shoot ", a break during the day, to honor her beauty for my pleasure and hopefully hers.
That's a pretty good reason! Isn't it enough ?: )

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
So, Nicolas,

What restraints, if any, do you out on PP? I disable the anatomical corrections to face, eyes, lips and nose contours. What's you approach to this?

Asher

nicolas claris

So, Nicolas,

What restraints, if any, do you out on PP? I disable the anatomical corrections to face, eyes, lips and nose contours. What's you approach to this?

Asher

Hi Asher
To be honest I rarely use PP as I'm not a portraitist nor a fashion photog…
Boats and vineyards don't need PortraitPro!
But to answer your question, it all depends of the model, the image I shot and… the purpose.
Anyhow I always try to modify the less possible and most of the time step back a little when I think it's fine.
Result, when overdone in this kind of retouch can easily be worth than the original…

fahim mohammed

Those eyes, Nicolas. Those eyes. Wonderful.

But, my friend, too much ' in your face ' for me. The presentation, that is.

Wonderful lady, beautifully captured.

Best regards.

nicolas claris

Those eyes, Nicolas. Those eyes. Wonderful.

But, my friend, too much ' in your face ' for me. The presentation, that is.

Wonderful lady, beautifully captured.

Best regards.

Thanks Fahim : D
I understand that you may find the shot too much 'in your face', but afaik, that's a neat angle to catch these eye(s) and to get immersed in!