• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A Nude Interview

Doug Kerr

Hi, Wolfgang,

After looking on the picture for several times and not finding the reason for why I'm not really satisfied with it I now did find the reason:
For me it would be fabulous, if the window in the left-under quarter would be broken ...

Why, yes!

Best regards,

Doug

Jerome Marot

After looking on the picture for several times and not finding the reason for why I'm not really satisfied with it I now did find the reason:
For me it would be fabulous, if the window in the left-under quarter would be broken ...

The bottom window goes continuously from left to right.

Dave Butcher

I personally love this photo. Although of late I have realized that my opinion does not mater and that if I am not one of the established on this site my stuff does not mater.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I personally love this photo. Although of late I have realized that my opinion does not mater and that if I am not one of the established on this site my stuff does not matter.

Dave, I have posted pics that were totally ignored and I have been here from the beginning!

Folk look, think of replying and then think that was not such a brilliant response and then forget to actually respond or imagine someone else will do a better job. Truth is one should try to engage others.

Actually, your work is particularly real and valid and I look forward to it!

Still, putting a nude in the window does take some effort! I do like the look of stone! Very Parisian sculpture schoolish!

Asher

James Lemon

Warning Frontal Nudity!

i-dSNwcMQ-L.jpg

Asher Kelman

You make me laugh, James with the warning, Frontal Nudity"!

Now we see femininity and grace, but less of a sculpture and more of life force and an interaction with you. Of course, it is still contrived, but less "in one's face", so to speak..

This is more free form as she is not attached to the building and incidentally, those who need to see all of both hands will be happier!

I wonder if there were forms around the window that complement her pose? That idea works well in posing models over rocks where she becomes part of the landscape in a form that is symbiotic with the milieux.

Asher

Antonio Correia

The last posted image is far more appealing than the first one.

The window is all in the frame and the pose is more dynamic.

The barbed wire in top is kind of strange...

Very well done James. More from this series ?

Jerome Marot

I also prefer the second image. The pose appears more convincing to me. I can't find a convincing story in the first image, I can in the second.

Asher Kelman

Jerome,

Can you expand a little on "the convincing story". Is it the first one the staging does not disappear but in the second we just see her and forget the fact that it's been prearranged and we suspend disbelief?

Or are you talking about a "convincing story"?

Asher

Jerome Marot

I said it before: a picture is the expression of a story told without words. If I can tell a story with words, I just use words and write. But words can only tell so much and for some stories one needs different means of expression.

Asher Kelman

Thank you everyone for your input... much appreciated!

Best, regards
James

What I appreciate is that your work awakened folk! I'd rather have some debate than folk dozing off. Also we learn from the push and pull of different arguments and then get some real satisfaction when everyone comes together and celebrates your second picture!

Keep this work going and if it were always easy and fun it wouldn't be called "work", just play! That means all of us are exposed and are going to get "equal opportunity" critique and not just "kumbaya" and "Amazing Grace"!

Asher

I can appreciate the woman and her fabulous body, and I say that from an athletic perspective, not exploitive sexual connotation (although I do find fit people most attractive). I'm a bit with Tom though in questioning the pose in the window, why is she up there? Looks kind of cold and dangerous (for her feet - if she's a dancer perhaps they are so tough it isn't a problem). I'd much rather see her leaping in a graceful dance move, or holding an artful gymnastic pose in a more esthetic setting that doesn't look so contrived.