• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Challenge for Pictures in a Series: Motif or Concept WANTED: Apt TITLE for a amazing half-abstract Merlin Falcon!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
bob friedman said:
No Photoshop..result of slow shutter

Nikon D810 ,Nikkor AF-S 500mm f/4G ED VR
1/125s f/8.0 at 700.0mm iso2000

original.jpg

bob friedman said:
Handheldsure... here is another.

Nikon D4 ,Nikkor AF-S 600mm f/4G ED VR
1/320s f/7.1 at 850.0mm iso3200

original.jpg

Re post either picture with your title!

Asher

Asher Kelman

My first title attempt, for your wonderful picture, Bob!

original.jpg

I am the smartest President in History

Asher

Asher Kelman

There are many more ideas possible!

Come on!

Nikon D810 ,Nikkor AF-S 500mm f/4G ED VR
1/125s f/8.0 at 700.0mm iso2000

original.jpg

I was busy attending Catholic School, only interested in academics sports and church on Sunday. I never was inebriated or assaulting women...I never had sex or touched them, I was busy touching myself. It’s not just my word alone, I have witnesses to support that!

Asher

Asher Kelman

The birds did nothing.

In the USA birds are National Symbols. The golden eagle is our most important national symbol. But many states have birds in their symbology. We use bird metaphors such as talons, wings, hawks eyes and wisdom in our language all the time. Right now there is a moral challenge to the fabric of our society that is not political but rather part of the moral fabric of those who do choose political points of view.

We have a country that denies global warming and climate change and man’s contributions. We are armed with weapons that can destroy, at the press of a button, most of life on this planet.

The moral temperature and how we deal with darkness that has spread over an heroic country, is important to all Americans and I believe to you to. We as photographers, I submit, have a duty to hold up a lantern to humanity and the planet over which we have claimed dominion.

Therefore, I submit, and ask you to entertain, that humor related moral issues underpinning the decision making of the powerful state on the planet are valid topics to entertain once in a while.

I do apologize that the sufferings we see from our narrow view in the USA, might not rank high based on competing and more important issues facing those other countries.

So I ask with humility for your forbearance.

Today, especially, we in the USA are glued to the TV to watch the single brave woman bringing serious attempted rape charges against Mt Brett Kavanaugh, a prospective Supreme Court Judge, and this influences our reactions to everything going on. There is an awakening of discussion of the way we treat woman. This heart rending discussion effects me and you see the reflections in my humor.

Please tolerate my expression of deep feelings. I am totally apolitical on the matter. My concerns are exclusively moral and ethical.

I invite you to provide your own less “serious” titles.

I admit that I might be inappropriate and insensitive to other folks interest in what grips us her in the USA today.

Asher

Jerome Marot

I invite you to provide your own less “serious” titles.

There you are Asher:

original.jpg

I, Asher, don't agree with that sentence of you. No, no, no!

You need to take things a little less seriously, as I did. You know that a bird is the national symbol of France, don't you?

Asher Kelman

There you are Asher:

original.jpg

I, Asher, don't agree with that sentence of you. No, no, no!

You need to take things a little less seriously, as I did. You know that a bird is the national symbol of France, don't you?

Beaucoup plus mieux, mon très Cher ami!

Je te remercie mille fois, Jérôme

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

<snip>

Today, especially, we in the USA are glued to the TV to watch the single brave woman bringing serious attempted rape charges against Mt Brett Kavanaugh, a prospective Supreme Court Judge, and this influences our reactions to everything going on. There is an awakening of discussion of the way we treat woman. This heart rending discussion effects me and you see the reflections in my humor.

Please tolerate my expression of deep feelings. I am totally apolitical on the matter. My concerns are exclusively moral and ethical.

I make no pretense of being apolitical. What is going on today in the United States is far too worrisome for that.

At some point in my political evolution, I had the intellectually-idealistic view that for any given issue (of how to govern) there were several possible good answers, which we then forced along a single scale.

Then our two party system gave us the framework to seek the "optimal" point along that scale, based on some often ill-defined overall "metric" for scoring the "goodness" to our society of any solution lying at some point on that scale.

But I can no longer entertain that lovely institutional outlook. Today we have simplistic tribal warfare between the two parties. The Purple tribe seeks to benefit the purplish part of the population. The Orange tribe seeks to benefit the orangish part of the population.

In any case, today, the three great sins (I use that term with no religious implications) are:

• Greed.

• Stupidity. (I use that rather than "ignorance" since, being charitable, we might take "ignorance" to mean merely not knowing. Stupidity is far worse than not knowing.)

• Meanness. (I do not limit that to the way a boy might be mean to his little sister, but give it unlimited scope and amplitude, embracing even genocide).

Best regards,

Doug