• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Mansplaining on the Tube

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
........just take in music or a news!

IMG_4254.jpg

Asher Kelman: "Mansplaining"

Go figure!

Asher

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

You probably mean "Manspreading".

Yes, that is the obvious visual description, “manspreading”!

There was a spelling error in the heading of the thread but the picture was labeled correctly.

The fellow, no doubt just feels he is being comfortable and likely has no clue that he might be invading other folks space! But also in true verbal “mansplaining”, I don’t think the guys have any insight to how offensive they might be viewed!

Asher

Ha! Scrolling down the page I was taken by surprise as I was not expecting him to open up his newspaper as wide! He sure does take space and it's like he's at home. by himself. lol.

I am curious what happened to the second picture down, where parts of the newspaper have turned completely black where it says "Shake on it"and along one of the borders of the newspaper.

Asher Kelman

Thanks for dropping by, Maggie: you’ve great eyes for detail - the Turks could use you as a forensic investigator, over the next few days, LOL!

Amazingly, I didn’t comment myself on the spreading of the newspaper as I was so astonished by the space he controlled with his thighs!

....and I am supposed to be a scientist, LOL!

As to the blacked out area on the newspaper, could be the use of the haze filter to optimize the face of the mansplainer. Likely as not, the Canon G10 2008, 10 stop dynamic range file is simply not robust enough for such 2cd derivative, (or the like), math!

But I will check!

Asher

Jerome Marot

Yes, that is the obvious visual description, “manspreading”!

There was a spelling error in the heading of the thread but the picture was labeled correctly.

The fellow, no doubt just feels he is being comfortable and likely has no clue that he might be invading other folks space! But also in true verbal “mansplaining”, I don’t think the guys have any insight to how offensive they might be viewed!

Asher

It is not my language, but:

Mansplaining requires the man to explain and
Manspreading is the practice of men sitting in public transport with legs wide apart.

Asher Kelman

It is not my language, but:

Mansplaining requires the man to explain and
Manspreading is the practice of men sitting in public transport with legs wide apart.

Of course you are linguistically correct. I was pushing the envelope and conflating the two on purpose!

I wanted to convey much more assumption of assumed Power that is explained by Power. The power itself is the explaining voice!

Whether or not there are words to decorate such behavior, the actions or presumption of power is just as outrageous!

...and yes, I admit, that “Manspreading” would have been perfectly apt and adequate as a title and would require no justification.

Asher