• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Technical Question Can one use a mobile phones “live view” series of still pictures on a web page?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Live view is interesting as a sequence of action at the time a still picture is taken.

Amazingly one has the choice of which still to make the selected image of that set.

I would like to better exploit the series and have a video and also export each of the component shots as one file.

Anyone know how to accomplish this

Thanks,

Asher

Jerome Marot

In "Photos", swipe up from the bottom of the image for the app to convert the images to an animation. Then, from the " animated" folder in photos, it can be shared either as a gif or mov file, depending on how you share it. Mail would produce a gif, files a mov.

(Reason for edit: better description of mov and gif possibilities)

Last edited:

Robert Watcher

I tried uploading a video clip to OPF to test your capabilities last night and it failed. I think it was around 124MB - 2:30 min.

I only have an iPhone 6 so don’t know what the Live View is (apparently it is 6S and newer models).

BTW - just for its simplicity, videos that I want to store or capture is effortlessly done using the Record Screen built into all recent iOS devices. It serves up a video plenty good enough for online use. I use it to record my movements as I work through a project if I desire that.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I tried uploading a video clip to OPF to test your capabilities last night and it failed. I think it was around 124MB - 2:30 min.

I only have an iPhone 6 so don’t know what the Live View is (apparently it is 6S and newer models).

BTW - just for its simplicity, videos that I want to store or capture is effortlessly done using the Record Screen built into all recent iOS devices. It serves up a video plenty good enough for online use. I use it to record my movements as I work through a project if I desire that.

Two principal choices:

1. Attach Button:We can’t directly upload much more than about 0.6 MB.

2. Use the video camera icon or the drop down menu on the upper left to link to these approved sites:
That means you have to have an account there and link to it! It is streamed and I don’t think your video would pose a problem.

Asher

Robert Watcher

Yeah I know. I have posted videos here using those services before. I saw your direct video upload link and thought I’d give it a try. Probably a feature I would never use anyway.