• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Processing raw data from a Fujitsu S5-Pro

perdrix

I've extracted the raw image data from a Fujitsu RAF file taken with a S5-Pro using Libraw.

The data is in a somewhat "strange format" (I know about the diagonal image issue).

The data returned by LibRaw about the data is somewhat odd in that rawimage.sizes.height=3583, rawimage.sizes.width=3584 (these represent actual image size), but rawimage.sizes.rawheight=1444 and rawimage.sizes.width=4352 (shape/size of raw_image grey scale data array).

So I cannot iterate over the image using height and width as I do for other raw file formats.

Has anyone here "been there, done that" and knows how I transform the data hung off the raw_image pointer to get an image 3584 wide by 3583 deep and the "real" image diagonally across it?

Thanks
David

Jerome Marot

The S5 has small and large pixels on its diagonal CCD, wherein the small pixels are supposed to enhance the larger ones. Maybe your problem has to do with that?

Jerome Marot

The X-pro2 has a standard sensor with the X-trans colour array. The older S5 had a super CCD of a completely different structure with octogonal pixels:

SR-001.jpeg

perdrix

The S5 has small and large pixels on its diagonal CCD, wherein the small pixels are supposed to enhance the larger ones. Maybe your problem has to do with that?
Can I presume that you did already have a look here?
I hadn't read that, but in this case it's not relevant as I do my own db-Bayer without using the LibRaw COLOR() function.

This is just about the transform I need to apply to the raw greyscale ...

Thanks
David

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
David,

Are you using Lib Raw to develop your own camera specific RAW convertor.

be missing in just using Adobe Camera RAW 2019 or Capture One 12 for the Fuji GFX which has a classic Bayer sensor?

Asher