• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

iPhone Architecture

Robert Watcher

My brother took Anne & I to the Symphony tonight. I wasn’t allowed to take any photos or video and so didn’t take any gear with me. As we walked to the parking lot to leave, I noticed this beautifully illuminated structure. I pulled out my iPhone and captured the Public Library.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
My brother took Anne & I to the Symphony tonight. I wasn’t allowed to take any photos or video and so didn’t take any gear with me. As we walked to the parking lot to leave, I noticed this beautifully illuminated structure. I pulled out my iPhone and captured the Public Library.

Yes it’s so surpingly delicate for such a huge building! Perhaps it’s the pink that we associate with the feminine, that makes it so!

Amazing camera, these iPhones!

Asher

Asher Kelman

The Los Angles County Museum of Art, LACMA, is also a must visit architectural treasure trove.

Here is the sculpture of Street Lights!

Folk might come here as a romantic evening visit,

to shoot a video

or just to pass the time!

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator

Rob,
I love this image!
Which iPhone model did you use?
On the tech aspect, I would enjoy to see a crop at full size…

Robert Watcher

Rob,
I love this image!
Which iPhone model did you use?
On the tech aspect, I would enjoy to see a crop at full size…

iPhone 7

1485x1485 pixel crop from 3024 x 4032 pixel image

This is the full frame from phone - only resized for web - without correction (dodging, burning and perspective correction, etc)

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
iPhone 7

1485x1485 pixel crop from 3024 x 4032 pixel image

This is the full frame from phone - only resized for web - without correction (dodging, burning and perspective correction, etc)
A pretty clean file! I'm impressed…
Do you use an alternative app in the iPhone?

Robert Watcher

A pretty clean file! I'm impressed…
Do you use an alternative app in the iPhone?

Alternative app. For taking the picture - no. For processing the file - just Snapseed.

I was quite surprised by how the file held up in a totally dark scene with low lit areas under overhangs where I expected noise to make the shot unusable. Not that I had experience, just going by all the talk on the web about how phones are terrible unless there is good light - I wasn’t going to bother stopping and grabbing the shot.

I would love to get back and retake with my camera, but it isn’t likely to happen any time soon. It’s all about the camera you have with you as they say. I won’t be making big prints or selling this image commercially, so the quality is great for my purposes.

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

Nice place and good shot, but what is the banding on the sky?
Ahah, Nicolas,

Of course, that’s just expanding the dark sky with the Simone iOS app “Snapseed”!

When I am back home I will re-edit it in PS, of course!

I am in El Paso Texas for a conference on Public Art!
Asher