• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Dr. Ron

James Lemon

Andy brown

“ Hey Doc, mind if I take a very soft focus pic of you?”
“Sure Lemon, knock yourself out. I’m more worried about about your cholesterol levels”.

James Lemon

This was an exercise in environmental portraiture. Dr. Ron is a chiropractor and owns a wellness center. Thanks for looking!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
It’s really interesting how “Chiropracter” has become mainline enough in the USA that hospital residency programs allow them in with physicians. At the end of training then, chiropractors should have equivalent skills for their specialty, say emergency medicine, opthalmogy or pediatrics.

However, many chiropractors simply open up a practice specializing in so-called “manipulation” and a lot of folk swear by them,

..... as they do by faith-healing or holistic practitioners.

As a physician, it’s pretty amazing that the chiropractors, unlike then archaic ”barber-surgeons” up to the end of the 19th Century, still exist in the USA. It’s like “freedom of religion”, one has a right to follow any magician of one’s choice.

But in fact, a particular USA chiropractor might be perfectly well trained as any physician, IF they did go through an accredited hospital residency program.

So just check!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The Chiropractor:

James,

The bg is indeed out of focus and for you this is an unusual approach to composition.

The fast f 1.8 lens on the Nikon Z 6 is obviously the reason for the limited DOF of this snap.
Was this surreptitious even though you were next to him?

If you had meant to do a portrait, it would have been very different, I know.

As it is, it shows perfectly well the glimpse of a memory of the fellow recording his visit. In that it’s a good but unusual documentation.

It’s recording what’s happening but not giving anything any superlative importance as no murder happened and no doctor collapsed of shock!

As such it’s an interesting approach and style.

Asher

James Lemon

James,

The bg is indeed out of focus and for you this is an unusual approach to composition.

The fast f 1.8 lens on the Nikon Z 6 is obviously the reason for the limited DOF of this snap.
Was this surreptitious even though you were next to him?

If you had meant to do a portrait, it would have been very different, I know.

As it is, it shows perfectly well the glimpse of a memory of the fellow recording his visit. In that it’s a good but unusual documentation.

It’s recording what’s happening but not giving anything any superlative importance as no murder happened and no doctor collapsed of shock!

As such it’s an interesting approach and style.

Asher
Hi Asher

Thanks for your interest! Generally I shoot with specific perimeters for example by using a base ISO for shots in good light but before entering a building I automatically change to ISO 3200 and these are the only ISO setting that I use. I never bother exploring in between those two even though something else may work because it means too much playing with adjustments. I also shoot some lenses wide open all of the time.

I could have used a 35mm instead of a 50mm for a greater depth of field and a different composition but as it stands the objects in the background render enough info. Composition is whatever you want to make of it but the object of the exercise was to see if the 50mm was too tight in a small space without having to make any adjustments to my positioning. In this instance I was able to move naturally without having to restrict myself and shoot without the Dr. really noticing me taking pictures well he went about his business.

Best, regards
James