• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Tourist Town - COLOUR

Robert Watcher

Tourist town. Bright colours.

Yesterday we travelled to the mountainous interior of El Salvador. Olympus E-M1 w/11-22 f2.8@11mm —- f2.8@1/80’th @ 3200 ISO

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
“Gaudy” bins! I guess those are for efficient sorting!

Do you use the focus stackingcfunction on your Olympus and practical is it waking around. Can you rest your camera on a ledge or wall instead of a tripod?

Asher

Robert Watcher

Gaudy bins are perfect candidates for my photography. I don’t even consider what they are used for LOL.
Not sure why I would use focus stacking? Not of any use for this type of work.
I don’t use a tripod, except for specialized time lapse shooting, if I can’t find a rock or ledge to set my camera on.

Asher Kelman

I asked ass I am somewhat envious of your camera’s built in capability.

It could, perhaps, be used, not for macro, but a stationary scene like yours, as the sun goes down, when you hardly have enough light!

Then focus stacking might give a well exposed image using a wider aperture.

Asher

Asher Kelman

Tourist town. Bright colours.

Yesterday we travelled to the mountainous interior of El Salvador. Olympus E-M1 w/11-22 f2.8@11mm —- f2.8@1/80’th @ 3200 ISO

The store is “Artesenias El Chunche”, presumably Trinkets, Souvenirs and the like.

Chuncha appears similar to the Yiddish word “chuchtka” which means some unnecessary decorative and really worthless thing.

I wonder what the etymology of that Spanish word is!

Asher