• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

One and a half miles away

Jim Olson

Got a shot with the 50D & the 70-300mm
Cropped it and it look okay. Houses on Highland Hill about 1 & 1/2 miles from my house.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Many interesting parts of the image to catch ones attention.

You have done better with the dynamic range using this combination of the 50D and the 70-300 Sigma!

Asher

Jim Olson

Jim,

Think, what is the interesting part you wanted to capeure?

I don’t pick up on it yet!

Asher
I was trying to see the trees. I wanted to see how nice they would come out with the 50D & the 70-300m lens.
They are about 15 miles away.

Last edited:

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
One more shot before the sun went down. 70-300mm lens

View attachment 3870
Jim, even downscale for Internet, your image is noisy…
And you know why? 1600 ISO!
You should avoid that sensibility, lower the shutter speed and get a tripod, there are some quite cheap in supermarket!
Or lean your camera against a window frame, a furniture, a wall, a car, a rock, a tree or whatever is stable around you...

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Got a shot with the 50D & the 70-300mm
Cropped it and it look okay. Houses on Highland Hill about 1 & 1/2 miles from my house.
View attachment 3868
Ah! 200 ISO only! No noise!
A bit of work in the editor (Photoshop for me), that means, adjusting levels and using Topaz sharpening filter, and voilà:

I could have worked on the burned highlights in the clouds, but that's another thing…

What do you think of this?