• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Walls I have known

Tom dinning

Registrant*
F7CAEC48-3325-4F52-9E42-8396D47E1F97.jpeg

F2A3F38B-A517-4BBB-B03C-23E3668B7BF9.jpeg

F81A7B3A-8846-4FC1-B641-1658D76D5A14.jpeg

9BA39BB5-A724-4E4E-8349-AAF389E510F8.jpeg

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Remarkable collection!

how common are such garish walls?

But I like them all!

Asher

Not garish, just bright, filled with colour, and they are common in many Mediterranean towns.

96593E91-C624-4E8F-A3B9-DC821DD13875.jpeg

As you can see, Nic, the effect is less pleasing, for me at least. Perhaps I have the memory of the place in mind. I had a feed of chilled mussels and fettuccini with some very pleasant Grigio from Venice district quite nearby most of the shots. Along with the company of Christine and her aunt. Good company, good food, good chatter good location.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Not garish, just bright, filled with colour, and they are common in many Mediterranean towns.

That's what garish is, LOL, (“obtrusively bright and showy”), when it’s the entire bloody wall!

I asked how common it was as I was trying to figure out where in Australia you might be finding these masses of bright strong unavoidable color!

Now it makes sense, Bro g that you refer to the Mediterranean!

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
That's what garish is, LOL, (“obtrusively bright and showy”), when it’s the entire bloody wall!

I asked how common it was as I was trying to figure out where in Australia you might be finding these masses of bright strong unavoidable color!

Now it makes sense, Bro g that you refer to the Mediterranean!

Asher

I thought ‘garish’ was a bit brash a term. These colours suit the climate, culture and purpose, ie, to separate and distinguish one domicile from another. So, although they might be out of place in, say, upper LA, they certainly don’t go astray in, say, Riomaggiore or Burano.

Asher Kelman

It’s essentially intrusively unavoidable and unsubtle.

Mostly applied to clothes where someone doesn’t want to “fit in”!

in the Maghreb, bright Mediterranean blue is not abnormal.

i like it on your pictures as working with the shapes.

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
It’s essentially intrusively unavoidable and unsubtle.

Mostly applied to clothes where someone doesn’t want to “fit in”!

in the Maghreb, bright Mediterranean blue is not abnormal.

i like it on your pictures as working with the shapes.

Asher

I fear you would disapprove of my taste in clothing.
Shoes in red, blue, green, purple.
Shorts in florals.
Shirts in every colour possible, and black.

Some days people mistake me for a row of cottages in the Amalfi Coast.

Asher Kelman

I fear you would disapprove of my taste in clothing.
Shoes in red, blue, green, purple.
Shorts in florals.
Shirts in every colour possible, and black.

Some days people mistake me for a row of cottages in the Amalfi Coast.
Excellent,

I know how to find you at the pub to get a beer! One for me and one for you which I’ll drink too!

Turning up at your house might be a disappointment as you might not stock any drinks

.....or unbolt the door!

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Excellent,

I know how to find you at the pub to get a beer! One for me and one for you which I’ll drink too!

Turning up at your house might be a disappointment as you might not stock any drinks

.....or unbolt the door!

Asher
Water, best coffee in town (Italian espresso), tea. Otherwise BYO.

Door is always bolted. You’ll be thoroughly scrutinised and questioned on your intentions and time of departure.
If we meet at a pub, which is highly unlikely (such rough, uncouth and rowdy places filled with working class) I’d request a single malt whisky or bourbon, double, straight up.
I do fear that we would both be beat up. Me for looking like an ageing poofta and you for your accent and talking to a suspected raging poofta.

Such is the way in some parts of the Territory.

426F9F63-9C83-4564-82FC-592FFFECD025.jpeg

Asher Kelman

I just looked up “poofta” and hadn’t realized that there was a musical consequence to anal sex in that farting is no longer a stuccatto trombone sound but rather a softer rubbery “poof” due to the permanently dilated anus. So you see, I do learn from you.

I will dig through my medical gear and be sure to bring some washed scalpels and suture, to repair you to full trombone timbre. I will be sure to bring my operating spectacles, so I don’t cut you a brand new one!

I can always bring my 9 year old grandson who has machined a handy spike with which to protect me. He thrusts it into the legs of anyone who threatens me. There is one police dog that is now limping and is on disability!

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator

View attachment 4748

As you can see, Nic, the effect is less pleasing, for me at least. Perhaps I have the memory of the place in mind. I had a feed of chilled mussels and fettuccini with some very pleasant Grigio from Venice district quite nearby most of the shots. Along with the company of Christine and her aunt. Good company, good food, good chatter good location.
That's for sure!
I wrote :
For sure this beautiful series wouldn't work in B&W!