• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Comment & Critique 101

Jim Olson

Conclusions
This should give any novice in C&C enough pointers towards getting started. Now please go out and react to others’ pictures. If we all do it, our own pictures will be reacted upon as well.

Thanks a lot for your patience if you’re still with me ;-). Looking forward to your reactions and ideas on this.

Cheers,
[/QUOTE]

I did read all the way to the end. I'm kind of new (just started back into it since I had 35mm back in the 70s) and now very much enjoying digital. Also I really enjoy all the help I get from everyone but did feel a little unsure about me doing any C&C on others.
This helps to put things into perspective. Now I just need to be brave & put into action.
TNX, Jim

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Conclusions
This should give any novice in C&C enough pointers towards getting started. Now please go out and react to others’ pictures. If we all do it, our own pictures will be reacted upon as well.

Thanks a lot for your patience if you’re still with me ;-). Looking forward to your reactions and ideas on this.

Cheers,

I did read all the way to the end. I'm kind of new (just started back into it since I had 35mm back in the 70s) and now very much enjoying digital. Also I really enjoy all the help I get from everyone but did feel a little unsure about me doing any C&C on others.
This helps to put things into perspective. Now I just need to be brave & put into action.
TNX, Jim
[/QUOTE]
Cem set out the ideas.

We put out our pictures for you to enjoy!

.....and hoping for comments and feedback.

it can be as short as “Enjoyed it!”

“What was that reflection in the water?”

or “Explain the macro setup and lighting that allowed you to image the the spiders eyes and mouth parts so precisely?”

even

“Cool!”

Means you visited and that means a lot.

Thanks for participating.

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
TNX, Jim
Cem set out the ideas.

or “Explain the macro setup and lighting that allowed you to image the the spiders eyes and mouth parts so precisely?”

even

“Cool!”

Asher
[/QUOTE]
So true and much more eloquent and inspirating that just a passing by thumb-up!
OPF ain’t Facebook or Instagram, I do prefer to read comments (altough I admit to prefer the positive ones! ; ) ) than collecting and count thumbs icons…

But that's in my signature for long… ; )

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Cem set out the ideas.

even

“Cool!”

Asher
So true and much more eloquent and inspirating that just a passing by thumb-up!
OPF ain’t Facebook or Instagram, I do prefer to read comments (altough I admit to prefer the positive ones! ; ) ) than collecting and count thumbs icons…

But that's in my signature for long… ; )
[/QUOTE]
But right now we have a near absence of interest in pictures that others post.

I see people online for considerable periods and just check their own thread.

Its important for everyone to take responsibility for creating the matrix to allow this forum to flourish.

OPF depends on each of us.

Asher