• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Autumn Harvest in Monochrome

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
We recognize the textures and collections of autumn.

EE05D1E3-5F1E-477E-A07B-69FBAC63DB86.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Autumn Harvest”
Fuji GFX 50s 32-63 mm

Add your own monochrome collections of dried flowers, leaves, fruit as you wish!

A version with the Jim Galli Juju Special here!

Asher

Alex Johnson

It looks very nice, like a really old photo taken many years ago and well preserved. You have a talent! I don’t take monochrome photos, I don’t manage to convey penumbra. I catch color shades more and take color photos. Everyone has their own preferences. But I like monochrome photos, they have a special style.

We recognize the textures and collections of autumn.

View attachment 5986

Asher Kelman: “Autumn Harvest”
Fuji GFX 50s 32-63 mm

Add your own monochrome collections of dried flowers, leaves, fruit as you wish!

A version with the Jim Galli Juju Special here!

Asher
Interesting picture, it looks like their inner colours are speaking and wanting to come to a life, there size and shape make them look like a natural tiny sculpture! I loved it!

Asher Kelman

Interesting picture, it looks like their inner colours are speaking and wanting to come to a life, there size and shape make them look like a natural tiny sculpture! I loved it!
Ignacio and Alex

For those who grew up with color pictures, it can be a strange experience to have color missing. But there is a great experience and brilliance of masters for the past 100 years allocating colors preferentially by stacking filters in front of the lens and or having film emulsions more sensitive to various energies, ie perceived colors of the electromagnetic spectrum of light.

With their skills and craft, the structure and mood of scenes were so well built in just shades of black grey and white that they came to represent the real world.

Color, however with emotional association of various hues, creates shortcuts, so that we can generate “catchy prettiness“ without that much care, planning and craft.

Many teachers still hold the view that mastery of B&W photography provides the foundation for using a full color sensor and delivering images with more than just common flashiness!

Asher

I like monochrome images of flowers and fruit when you want people to look at the shapes and textures. Sometimes the color just gets in the way. It all depends on the light.

Asher Kelman

I like monochrome images of flowers and fruit when you want people to look at the shapes and textures. Sometimes the color just gets in the way. It all depends on the light.

Maggie!

I am delighted you are with us. We have red leaves. Likely you have the onset of snow?

For fall, colors seem needed but I have no doubt that there are classic monochrome pictures that are amazing!

Asher