• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Walking Beverly Hills to say Goodbye to 2020

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Just casual happenstance views on a walk my wife insisted I needed to get my joints moving!
562A31B5-830B-4136-AD3E-223989A05D43.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “The Beverly Hills Fountain”

CD360149-81EC-48AC-BABB-A21B0B28C0EF.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Santa Monica Boulevard & West”

Asher Kelman

Agreed! So where is your feedback, my good friend!

I appreciate full bloodied comments and honest feedback. But I use the thumbs up sign to show I have read it and will usually return for actual comment. I like to have other folks names on threads!

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
…But I use the thumbs up sign to show I have read it and will usually return for actual comment. I like to have other folks names on threads!

Asher
Commenting a post with a
Thumb.jpg
is always kind and appreciated by everyone, but what about a short phrase (3 words?) instead? OPF ain't Facebook or Instagram… imho.

I used a short phrase my friend !

James Lemon

View attachment 6393

Asher Kelman: “The Smoke & Coffee Break”

Asher

Asher

Nothing wrong with photographing the homeless if one has a good reason. I view it as an invasion of their privacy since they don't have a home and public spaces are their living room. I realize that you have the legal right to do so but I am sure you would not appreciate me coming into your house unannounced and randomly started photographing. But maybe this is part of some longer term project and you should consider treating it as such if that is the case. Just my opinion.

James

Asher Kelman

Asher

Nothing wrong with photographing the homeless if one has a good reason. I view it as an invasion of their privacy since they don't have a home and public spaces are their living room. I realize that you have the legal right to do so but I am sure you would not appreciate me coming into your house unannounced and randomly started photographing. But maybe this is part of some longer term project and you should consider treating it as such if that is the case. Just my opinion.

James
Unless we alert ourselves to those in the shadows, alas, they will remain there!

Viditing Chicago for a convention with a group of brilliant scientists, we passed a doorway where a woman and two children were huddled on the steps in the shadows of an abandoned building.

I asked them what was there. They hadn’t noticed a thing!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Here is one shot with an iPhone 7 in Bordeaux last week (getting out of a catamaran interior shoot) in time before the curfew…
Superb shot with many shades of blue and gold!

14E3D270-31C7-44FD-82A3-2CD82DB47C5B.jpeg

Thanks, Nicolas. Brings me back!

At first I thought there were super-tall hi-tech aluminum masted sailboats. But then I realized we are seeing tall buildings!

Impressive quand-même!

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Superb shot with many shades of blue and gold!

Thanks, Nicolas. Brings me back!

At first I thought there were super-tall hi-tech aluminum masted sailboats. But then I realized we are seeing tall buildings!

Impressive quand-même!

Asher
Thank you Asher for the kind comments :)
For your info, the high pillars are those of a lift bridge quite close to our office (where you’ve been when you visited us some years ago) to allow the entry of large yachts and passenger boats into the city

Asher Kelman

Thank you Asher for the kind comments :)
For your info, the high pillars are those of a lift bridge quite close to our office (where you’ve been when you visited us some years ago) to allow the entry of large yachts and passenger boats into the city
So impressive!

But you know what I am referring a very modern aluminum sail?

....or am I imagining such designs, beyond thr hull, masts and booms?

Asher