• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Sharpen AI - Denoise AI

Robert Watcher

Topaz Sharpen AI and Denoise AI, have turned to be two essential applications in my image processing workflow. Well worth the investment for me.

while there is overlap between the two - both provide noise reduction and both provide sharpening —— I find use for both.

As a street photographer, often my images have some motion blur. While I don’t mind a bit of subject movement, sometimes I don’t want it. It is truly remarkable how Sharpen AI is able to handle such images. Here are a few examples that show it’s amazing abilities

BEFORE

DF734A9B-71DC-4387-8666-61D4F6E376E5.jpeg

AFTER

9FF10C57-C3E3-4F14-B7FE-6B5421591B19.jpeg

BEFORE

63CE4CA3-6825-47E2-96C4-2FE12686EC1D.jpeg

AFTER

D1791BAB-4927-4D22-B144-BCDAE5491662.jpeg

BEFORE

B9D71875-B370-4F22-9A78-430A5C529826.jpeg

AFTER

7E4B5A07-1D69-4158-9545-6A7AE041061C.jpeg

Nicola Claris had suggested the Sharpen AI to me, and I tried the demo, but even though I have the minimum requirements, it tends to crash on me all the time, so I think I need to wait until I can get a stronger graphics card. In my future purchases for sure though.

Robert Watcher

Nicola Claris had suggested the Sharpen AI to me, and I tried the demo, but even though I have the minimum requirements, it tends to crash on me all the time, so I think I need to wait until I can get a stronger graphics card. In my future purchases for sure though.

oh wow. That’s too bad.

I have a new bare bones MacMini M1. It doesn’t have a dedicated graphics card though and has the minimum 8GB ram and 256GB storage. I use these programs every day since I switched away from my Adobe plan. I have never had them crash. In fact I have noticed that the time for processing the file is substantially shorter than what I have seen on Youtube where some have had decent computers loaded with 32GB of ram and dedicated graphics card. Sharpen AI worked just fine, but their process may have been 30 sec to a minute or more, and mine would be 10-15 seconds and sometimes shorter.

I am so pleased that I went this way. Before, I had a MacBook Air since 2013 and it did everything I needed and handled Lightroom and PS just fine. Probably slow, but I didn’t know the difference and it wasn’t enough to bother me. Last year I wanted to try some of the new software applications and they either stated that it wouldn’t run on my machine - or I did like you, and downloaded the trial only to find it wasn’t comparable, crashed or was too slow.

I wouldn’t have purchased Sharpen AI either, except on the recommendation of Nicolas. I already had purchased DeNoise and it also does a good job of sharpening. But it won’t handle such images as this.

Last edited: