• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Challenge for Pictures in a Series: Motif or Concept Person(s) Feet!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
We most often observe each other’s faces, posture and overall form.

BB3B6C17-EA87-49FC-BCD8-050716340B75.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Buddies!”

C9B72A18-CEF7-47F3-8D0C-74D875E71568.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “The Boss!”

Feet are so often ignored. So let’s show a foot, both or those of friends. Sandals are fine, no closed shoes unless there’s a hole for toes!

Please find your feet!

Asher

Last edited:
Here is one, that obviously has a background and plane thrown in as a background. It's not very good, because it's already something like 7 years old and my photoshop skills were still on the weaker side, but I thought it might be fun here, as there are plenty of bare feet. This was for a shoot I did of a family and we wanted something more than just the typical faces. Got those too, but thought this might be fun!
footsies.jpg

Asher Kelman

Maggie,

I wouldn’t have had any impulse to say it was a composite or immediately feel a need for PS. So what would you do different today?

Asher

Maggie,

I wouldn’t have had any impulse to say it was a composite or immediately feel a need for PS. So what would you do different today?

Asher
Since they are in the front and very clear, the plane and clouds could be a bit softer, and I may have put their feet higher so the guy at the left, his feet would be over the plane a little. If they were dropped out of the plane it's going the wrong way, toward them instead of away from them, and I would have done something to make them look like there was a bit of motion like they were actually falling out. It's an old shot and I won't redo it now though, but thought the bare feet would make you smile!

Asher Kelman

Maggie,

One of the interesting new options you have with PS is the possibilities of altering the L-R and vertical rotation as this will modify their sense of from where the feet are being seen.

You can adjust just relying on your gestalt sense of what maximizes the effect you seem to need for your imagined image!

So the exact angle of your shot won’t be so limiting!

Just an extra idea, since you don’t have your feet on the ground, anyway!

Asher

Robert Watcher

Here is one, that obviously has a background and plane thrown in as a background. It's not very good, because it's already something like 7 years old and my photoshop skills were still on the weaker side, but I thought it might be fun here, as there are plenty of bare feet. This was for a shoot I did of a family and we wanted something more than just the typical faces. Got those too, but thought this might be fun! View attachment 7845

I like that one Maggie

Asher Kelman

This is such an important image, Antonio, as it shows the natural foot, our heritage and the poor person foot, our diversity!

Asher

Maggie,

One of the interesting new options you have with PS is the possibilities of altering the L-R and vertical rotation as this will modify their sense of from where the feet are being seen.

You can adjust just relying on your gestalt sense of what maximizes the effect you seem to need for your imagined image!

So the exact angle of your shot won’t be so limiting!

Just an extra idea, since you don’t have your feet on the ground, anyway!

Asher
Yes, they are always a little off the ground, lol, but I won't be redoing this. It's an old shoot but was fun!

India 2013, I had the idea of shooting feet and I made a few photographs which were keyworded !
Here are the feet of a woman who was working on a road.

1EBD6C11-478C-4D35-A7E3-440A639743A7.jpeg

An image that asks a lot of questions. I can't imagine having to walk on those rocks with my bare feet. They are too sensitive! Life is really harsh for some people. Great photo!

Antonio Correia

Indeed Maggie, indeed. I wouldn't bare to walk on this rocks bare feet, either.
The woman was among several men working on the pavement of a road which is a hard work.
Here is another situation also in India - Amritsar - where pilgrims gather to pray.
The ground is marble but very warm, when not hot !

i-HhSckN8-X4.jpg

Asher Kelman

Just remember folk, that human feet are perhaps the most mechanically efficient, (when not wearing shoes), of ALL known animals.

Some 99% of locomotion energy is stored and returned with each running step.

If we don’t get crushed or eaten, we can frighten, track, outrun and chase down, long distance, ANY animal on earth!

Our prey can’t sweat, just pant, gasping, and so overheat. They accumulate carbon dioxide and stop in their tracks, acidotic and exhausted!

Asher