• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Flowers on Black Foam Core

Tony Britton

Here's a few flowers from my black foam core projects. Great tabletop project on rainy days! The flowers really pop!

fireworksbritton2016-L.jpg

brittonflowers2017-L.jpg

tulips2017-XL.jpg

zenbrittonapril%20%284%29-L.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Tony,

What a great and simple approach! This fits in very much with how you light to contain interest in birds with making dark backgrounds!

Your technique is especially good in helping define the complex and more unusual flowers.

433323FF-BC39-463A-9AE3-0C229FBE5256.jpeg

4BC1D60A-D04A-470B-97A1-5FD233E6229E.jpeg

Here being so meticulously explicitly and bold is magnetic in attracting our attention!

You have peaked my interest. I already use black backgrounds for most of my work with nudes and flowers!

I might, perhaps use this very simple setup With just a common flower, but adding a salamander, butterfly, preying mantis or hamster!

Asher

Tony Britton

Tony,

What a great and simple approach! This fits in very much with how you light to contain interest in birds with making dark backgrounds!

Your technique is especially good in helping define the complex and more unusual flowers.

Here being so meticulously explicitly and bold is magnetic in attracting our attention!

You have peaked my interest. I already use black backgrounds for most of my work with nudes and flowers!

I might, perhaps use this very simple setup With just a common flower, but adding a salamander, butterfly, preying mantis or hamster!

Asher
Hi Asher,

Yes, this type of project is quite easy to setup. I practiced with flowers against the foam core, as they're easier to light, before attempting the more challenging seashell shots that I've posted here.

Tony

Tony Britton

They really do pop! Very beautiful, I especially like the peony! :) Maggie
Thanks very much for commenting. It's a fun project, to be sure!

I hope everyone here follows the link to your work, which you include in your signature. Among the finest technically and artistically sublime photographs I've ever seen. We can all draw inspiration from your beautiful work.

Tony

Last edited:
Thanks very much for commenting. It's a fun project, to be sure!

I hope everyone here follows the link to your work, which you include in your signature. Among the finest technically and artistically sublime photographs I've ever seen. We can all draw inspiration from your beautiful work.

Tony
Gosh, Tony, that is extremely kind to say, thank you! :) Maggie

Asher Kelman

A lot of fun!

88F9BDA4-EFAD-4C45-AC82-86BCB8EAD2A3.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Dry Harvest”

Grabbed my dry grass, leaves and seed pods! But I need to get live flowers too!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Wonderful Asher, I like the little inclusion of wheat strands on the tabletop. The spots on one of the those leaves is intriguing; something from a bug? Whatever it is, doesn't matter, very nice composition! :) Maggie
Thanks. Maggie,

Those white patches: probably a virus infection of the leaves but I really don’t know. It’s very handsome though!

Asher