• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Jeb

Chris Calohan

Jeb was an old friend who recently passed from lung cancer. The image was shot during a show with colored stage lighting that will make any photographer go stark, raving mad in PP. Generally, I convert most of my musician shots to B&W to avoid all the color aberrations, but this particular shot demanded color. This was shot at ISO 12,800, 5.6 @ 1/125, handheld and processed in On1. The tribute to Jeb is that he was a fine human being in all aspects of his life and a damn fine fiddle player.

jeb-for-opf.jpg

Jeb​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jeb was an old friend who recently passed from lung cancer. The image was shot during a show with colored stage lighting that will make any photographer go stark, raving mad in PP. Generally, I convert most of my musician shots to B&W to avoid all the color aberrations, but this particular shot demanded color. This was shot at ISO 12,800, 5.6 @ 1/125, handheld and processed in On1. The tribute to Jeb is that he was a fine human being in all aspects of his life and a damn fine fiddle player.

Chris,

That you presented a fine sensitive portrait from a performance in those typical dreadful odd and dim stage lights is a reflection of the devotion a dear friend naturally demands from your knowledge and respect for all that he represented to you.

The photograph shows his caring and humanity.

We are privileged that you share such a personally invested work in homage to a brotherly friend!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Panama City Center for the Arts (Under Home- Exhibitions
This is so exciting. I see the exhibit is all December! Fabulous. So proud of you!

Did they ask you to pay for framing?

I hope folk buy your work. What a great achievement!

Did you already k ow the other artists chosen to exhibit with you or the curator did that independently?

Kudos

Asher

Chris Calohan

I am in the process of organizing the largest photography juried show in NW Florida for this coming fall. I am expecting upward of 750 entries and up to 300 show entries, capping at 2 per entrant. The event will be held in two different venues, both within a stone's throw of one another. I've already started gathering sponsors for either just out and out monetary donations to purchase prize awards. It's going to be quite an undertaking.

Asher Kelman

I am in the process of organizing the largest photography juried show in NW Florida for this coming fall. I am expecting upward of 750 entries and up to 300 show entries, capping at 2 per entrant. The event will be held in two different venues, both within a stone's throw of one another. I've already started gathering sponsors for either just out and out monetary donations to purchase prize awards. It's going to be quite an undertaking.
What are you calling it? How are you printing it? Where will it be held?

This is so ambitious and exciting!

Asher

Chris Calohan

Printing is up to each individual with a maximum size of 18x24, including frame (for space considerations.). I think we are going to call it "Exposure: A Juried Photographic Exhibition" The show will be held in three venues, all well within walking distance. Doing it this way involves three groups. One of the bigger groups will provide their intake, pre and post judging systems already in use, my group will provide the main venue and then two other local groups will provide the other two presentation venues.
It is quite ambitious and still so many details to work out as well as assuaging certain egos who have been doing their "own thing" for years too many. I will make it work.