• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
We depend on gardeners to cut our hedges and take the grass and weeds.

Without help, our home would fast return to prairie land and wild grasses and the oddest weeds and new trees.

Asher Kelman: Inocencio

More to follow and add your own!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

I must have missed these wondrous phots when they were first posted!
We depend on gardeners to cut our hedges and take the grass and weeds.

Without help, our home would fast return to prairie land and wild grasses and the oddest weeds and new trees.

View attachment 3144

Asher Kelman: Inocencio
This is just a lovely portrait!

Best regards, and stay safe.

Doug

Asher Kelman

Hey She is gorgeous Asher great portrait ..... ah youth ! 😊
Charlotte
I was told once by an elderly lady who rented a room in our home in London, “Youth is wasted on the young!”

it sound correct, like most aphorisms but now I enjoy seeing young people really enjoying life to the fullest.

As we get older we have to continually ensure that the wonder in the eyes of children becomes the thrill of being young healthy adults on the cusp of independence.

I am happy to reminisce and if on the way I get a smile and soft welcome hug, that’s a bonus!

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

I was told once by an elderly lady who rented a room in our home in London, “Youth is wasted on the young!”

it sound correct, like most aphorisms but now I enjoy seeing young people really enjoying life to the fullest.

As we get older we have to continually ensure that the wonder in the eyes of children becomes the thrill of being young healthy adults on the cusp of independence.

I am happy to reminisce and if on the way I get a smile and soft welcome hug, that’s a bonus!

Asher

O absolutely!

C.

Oh, Oscar the painter! I really like the colors in this, and the treatment feels like it has been painted also. Is he lifting up wallpaper or thick layers of paint? Whatever he is doing, it's very cool, and the way he stands out in the brown opening really makes him pop in the image, like a good classical painting.! :) Maggie

Asher Kelman

Oh, Oscar the painter! I really like the colors in this, and the treatment feels like it has been painted also. Is he lifting up wallpaper or thick layers of paint? Whatever he is doing, it's very cool, and the way he stands out in the brown opening really makes him pop in the image, like a good classical painting.! :) Maggie
Thanks Maggie for visiting and your comments. He is cleaning of my mistakes in painting beyond edges.

The problem with repainting an older house is that the previous job may have been imperfect and such errors mar the final “look” and can add up to a disappointment as these little errors degrade the feeling of being up to date, well maintained and utterly safe!

So I do fuss in corners and edges being perfect and no paint on stone or concrete!

…and yes I wanted to get into delightful colors to celebrate the man’s devotion to making my home beautiful!

Asher

Asher Kelman

But I must admit, for many folk, without a curator or previous experience, this colorful style might seem strange and even clownish. Everything in opinions depends on one’s previous accumulation of art experiences.

So I will also share the original, merely presented with the “expected” satisfactory S curve and setting of white and black points and sharpening only!

F48BD152-5B37-49D5-90FC-A427EF9B2D7F.jpeg

Asher Kelman: Oscar the Painter

iPhone 10 Xs Max, Snapseed

Ah, how fascinating the world of art can be! It's true, isn't it? That our interpretation of art is often shaped by our previous experiences with it. What one person might see as strange and clownish, another may view as bold and beautiful. Art is truly in the eye of the beholder.

And yet, there is also something to be said for the comfort of familiarity. There is a certain satisfaction in the "expected" S curve and the traditional setting of white and black points. It is a tried and true approach, and one that can be relied upon to produce satisfying results.

But perhaps there is something to be gained from stepping outside of our comfort zones and exploring new styles and techniques. Who knows what treasures we may discover if we allow ourselves to embrace the unfamiliar and the unexpected. :)

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,
But I must admit, for many folk, without a curator or previous experience, this colorful style might seem strange and even clownish. Everything in opinions depends on one’s previous accumulation of art experiences.

Indeed.
So I will also share the original, merely presented with the “expected” satisfactory S curve and setting of white and black points and sharpening only!

View attachment 10366

iPhone 10 Xs Max, Snapseed

EB256082-15F1-4EF2-AA50-DF6625F13702.jpeg

iPhone 10 Xs Max
Lovely.

Best regards,

Doug

TimTom42

I was told once by an elderly lady who rented a room in our home in London, “Youth is wasted on the young!” https://eldfall-chronicles.com/product/slayer-dragoon/
crypto poker freeroll

Asher
It's like turning the clock backward with a side of smiles and soft welcome hugs

Last edited: